Teaching Language and Content to Linguistically and Culturally Diverse Students
Principles, Ideas, and Naterials
Yu Ren Dong, Queens College, CUNY
A volume in the series: Contemporary Language Education. Editor(s): Terry Osborn, South Florida, Sarasota-Manatee.
This book is intended for high school content teachers, preservice teachers preparing to teach in a subject matter area, college faculty involved in both pre-service and in-service teacher preparation, curriculum developers, and policy makers in teacher education. They will find teaching principles as well as concrete ideas for teaching content subject matter knowledge to diverse students.
Second Language Acquisition for Adolescents. Listening to English Language Learners' Stories and Adjusting Teaching to their Backgrounds and Needs. Assessing and Evaluating ELL Learners in Mainstream Classes. Tapping into English Language Learners’ Prior Knowledge. Teaching Disciplinary Specific Vocabulary to English Language Learners. Second Language Reading Instruction in Mainstream Classes. Second Language Writing Instruction in Mainstream Classes. Second Language Listening/Speaking Instruction in Mainstream Classes. Appendix A: Topic Oriented Mathematical Non-fiction Reading. Appendix B: Multicultural Literature by English Language Proficiency Level. Appendix C: ESL Internet Resources.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- Consilio et Animis Tracing a Path to Social Justice through the Classics
- Critical Qualitative Research in Second Language Studies Agency and Advocacy
- Demystifying Career Paths after Graduate School A Guide for Second Language Professionals in Higher Education
- Identifying and Recruiting Language Teachers A Research-Based Approach
- Intercultural Competence in Instructed Language Learning Bridging Theory and Practice
- Researching edTPA Promises and Problems Perspectives from English as an Additional Language, English Language Arts, and World Language Teacher Education
- Understanding the World Language edTPA Research‐Based Policy and Practice