Contemporary Perspectives on Families, Communities and Schools for Young Children
A volume in the series: Contemporary Perspectives in Early Childhood Education. Editor(s): Olivia Saracho, University of Maryland.
Early childhood education has always been an enterprising one. Innovative models that provide connections among the family, community, and school of early childhood will continue to emerge through the years to acknowledge new educational ideologies, new social demands, and new knowledge. The issues addressed in this volume can provide new directions to prepare early childhood scholars, researchers, and practitioners to work as a team in these different settings.
Emergence of Families, Communities, and Schools in Early Childhood Education: Introduction, Olivia N. Saracho and Bernard Spodek. Challenges and Realities: Family-Community-School Partnership, Olivia N. Saracho and Bernard Spodek. Families and Early Childhood Education Through the Years, Bernard Spodek and Olivia N. Saracho. Young Children Experiencing Divorce and Family Transitions: How Early Childhood Professionals Can Help, Marion F. Ehrenberg, Jacqueline E. Bush, Jennifer D. Pringle, Marei Luedemann, and Jennifer Geisreiter. Family context and psychological development in early childhood: Educational implications, Enrique B. Arranz Freijo. Parenting Self-Efficacy and Competence in Relation to Young Children’s Social and Academic Outcomes, Priscilla K. Coleman and Katherine H. Karraker. Emotion Regulation: Implications For Children’s School Readiness and Achievement, Julia M. Braungart-Rieker and Ashley L. Hill. Young children's achievement: Does neighborhood residence matter? Rebecca C. Fauth, Tama Leventhal, and Jeanne Brooks-Gunn. Children as catalysts for adult relations: New perspectives from Italian early childhood education, Rebecca S. New and Bruce L. Mallory. Immigrant Families Beliefs About Childrearing and Schooling and “Developmentally Appropriate Practices”, Jaipaul L. Roopnarine and Aysegul Metindogan. Mexican American Family Cultural and Linguistic Influences, Olivia N. Saracho and Frances Martínez-Hancock. Involvement of American Indian Families in Early Childhood Education, Laura Hubbs-Tait, David Tait, Charley Hare, and Erron Huey. Contemporary Transformations in Families, Communities, and Schools, Olivia N. Saracho and Bernard Spodek.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- Bernard Spodek Early Childhood Education Scholar, Researcher, and Teacher
- Contemporary Perspectives on Research in Assessment and Evaluation in Early Childhood Education
- Contemporary Perspectives on Research in Creativity in Early Childhood Education
- Contemporary Perspectives on Research in Theory of Mind in Early Childhood Education
- Contemporary Perspectives on Research on Bullying and Victimization in Early Childhood Education
- Handbook of Research Methods in Early Childhood Education - Volume 2 Review of Research Methodologies
- Handbook of Research Methods in Early Childhood Education - Volume I Research Methodologies