Contemporary Perspectives on Play in Early Childhood Education
A volume in the series: Contemporary Perspectives in Early Childhood Education. Editor(s): Olivia Saracho, University of Maryland.
Introduction: Historical Descendants in Childrens Play, Olivia N. Saracho & Bernard Spodek. Understanding Play and Its Theories, Olivia N. Saracho & Bernard Spodek. Spontaneous Play in the 21st Century, Fergus Peter Hughes. Theories of Pretense, Mental Representations, and Humor Development: Answers and Questions, Doris Bergen. Play in School - The Teacher Role: Reforms and Recent Research, Ole Fredrik Lillemyr. Young Children's Play and Cognitive Style, Olivia N. Saracho. The Relation Between Play and Symbolic Thought: The Case of Mathematics Manipulatives, David H. Uttal. Play and Early Development and Education: The Instantiation of Parental Belief Systems, Jaipaul L. Roopnarine, Meera Shin, Kwanghee Jung, and Ziarat Hossain. Play in Children: An Attachment Perspective, Gary L. Creasey and Patricia Jarvis. The Teening of Early Childhood, Francine Smolucha. Play in Early Childhood Education, Bernard Spodek.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- Bernard Spodek Early Childhood Education Scholar, Researcher, and Teacher
- Contemporary Perspectives on Research in Assessment and Evaluation in Early Childhood Education
- Contemporary Perspectives on Research in Creativity in Early Childhood Education
- Contemporary Perspectives on Research in Theory of Mind in Early Childhood Education
- Contemporary Perspectives on Research on Bullying and Victimization in Early Childhood Education
- Handbook of Research Methods in Early Childhood Education - Volume 2 Review of Research Methodologies
- Handbook of Research Methods in Early Childhood Education - Volume I Research Methodologies