Literacy and the Second Language Learner
A volume in the series: Research in Second Language Learning. Editor(s): Bogum Yoon, State University of New York at Binghamton.
Introduction: Efforts to Make the Invisible Visible, JoAnn Hammadou Sullivan. Theoretical Developments in Reading Chinese and Japanese as Foreign Languages, Michael E. Everson. Technological Literacy and Its Implications for Foreign Language Education, Michael Fast. Teaching a Foreign Language to At-Risk Learners: Research and Practice, Richard L. Sparks, Elke Schneider and Leonore Ganschow. Secondary Spanish Teachers' Beliefs and Practices for the Teaching of Reading, Leslie L. Schrier and Terri Ann Gebel. Interaction of Form and Meaning in Foreign Language Writingl Sufumi So. What Should Teachers Know about Bilinguals and the Reading Process? Andrew D. Cohen and Rosalind Horowitz. Electronic Message Boards in the Foreign Language Classroom: Another Forum for the Computer Mediated Communication? Rebecca L. Chism. The Effects of Passage Content in Second Language Reading by Gender Across Instructional Levels, Cindy Brantmeier. Reading between the Lines: Detecting, Decoding, and Understanding Idioms in Second Languages, John I. Liontas. Advanced Second Language Readers' Inferencing, JoAnn Hammadou Sullivan. When Phonological Limitations Compromise Literacy: A Connectionist Approach to Enhancing the Phonological Competence of Heritage Language Speakers of Spanish, Maria M. Carreira. Literacy in Digital Environments: Connecting Communities of Language Learners, Mary Ann Lyman-Hager, Ann Johns, Honorine Nocon and James N. Davis.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- Academic Language In Second Language Learning
- Critical Views on Teaching and Learning English Around the Globe Qualitative Research Approaches
- Crossing Languages and Research Methods Analyses of Adult Foreign Language Reading
- Inquiries Into Literacy Learning and Cultural Competencies in a World of Borders
- Research Informing Practice - Practice Informing Research Innovative Teaching Methologies for World Language Teachers
- Studies and Global Perspectives of Second Language Teaching and Learning
- Teachers' Roles in Second Language Learning Classroom Applications of Sociocultural Theory