Journal of Research on Organization in Education
CALL FOR MANUSCRIPTS – OCTOBER 5, 2016
The editors seek to establish a forum for advancing, integrating, and challenging the theory and body of evidence surrounding the organization of education. Committed to scientific empiricism, this journal seeks to coalesce and vitalize decades of theoretical work and research that holds promise for our understanding and improving organizations, especially, but not only, schools.
We are very proud of the exceptional, talented, and diverse individuals who have endorsed this purpose and who have agreed to serve on the editorial board. The board joins the editors in the invitation to explore this opportunity to publish in the inaugural volume of the Journal.
The Journal of Research on Organization in Education will appear as an annual each spring and include ideally 10-12 articles. Submissions are expected in the fall with initial decisions rendered before the holidays. Manuscripts accepted and judged ready for publication by February 20 will appear in the first volume anticipated in April 2017; accepted manuscripts requiring more extensive revision will be held over for the next year’s issue. The hope is to have Volume 1 (2017) available at the annual meeting of The American Education Research Association.
We invite manuscripts that address:
- The social-psychological conditions of educational organizations
- The contextual conditions affecting educational organizations
- Organizational structures
- Political and regulatory effects on schools and their organization
- Leader and other role behaviors
- Organization climates and collective perceptions
- New or emergent theory and evidence
- The journal expects submissions to be consistent with a scientific paradigm
- This includes work that is qualitative, quantitative, and theoretical
- Authors should justify methodological choices in the manuscript
Important Dates for Volume I, 2017:
October 5, 2016: Electronic acceptance of manuscripts
October 25, 2016: Editorial review and assignments complete
December 10, 2016: Initial peer review completed
December 20, 2016: Author notification
January 20, 2017: Revisions due back to editors
April 27, 2017: Volume I publication and distribution
Questions? Contact Patrick B. Forsyth at Patrick.firstname.lastname@example.org