Early Childhood Education Scholar, Researcher, and Teacher
Olivia Saracho, University of Maryland
A volume in the series: Contemporary Perspectives in Early Childhood Education. Editor(s): Olivia Saracho, University of Maryland. Bernard Spodek, University of Illinois.
Bernard Spodek, one of the most important figures in contemporary early childhood education, has been a seminal figure in early childhood education for approximately six decades. He has also been a creative contributor to contemporary thinking on the integration of theory, research, and practice on the development and education of young children. He is the author of numerous theoretical, research, and practical articles that continue to be published in scholarly journals and the author of textbooks that span the fields of early childhood education and child development.
This book, Bernard Spodek: Early Childhood Education Scholar, Researcher, and Teacher, offers an understanding of an eminent scholar who has made significant contributions to the field of early childhood education. It has a richly detailed and intimate picture of the construction of a knowledge base for the development and education of young children. All of the chapters show how Bernard Spodek assumes various roles to promote the field of early childhood education as he functions as a mentor, scholar, researcher, and master teacher.
Bernard Spodek: Early Childhood Education Scholar, Researcher, and Teacher is a text for students who are interested in acquiring the basic knowledge about early childhood education, about the work that practitioners do with young children, and about the ideas that underlie that work. It is an appropriate text for graduate students in four-year colleges and universities.
Preface. Acknowledgments. PART I: INTRODUCTION 1. Introducing Bernard Spodek. 2. Bernard Spodek’s Career and Vitae. PART II: MULTIFACETED ROLES 3. The Mentor. 4. The Scholar. 5. The Researcher. 6. The Master Teacher. PART III: SAMPLE SCHOLARLY PUBLICATIONS 7. Early Childhood Education. 8. Early Childhood Education Curriculum. 9. Curriculum Content Subject Areas. 10. Teacher Education. 11. Diversity in Early Childhood Education. PART IV: CONCLUSION 12. Reflections: Life and Impact of an Outstanding Scholar. About the Author.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- Handbook of Research Methods in Early Childhood Education - Volume I Research Methodologies
- Handbook of Research Methods in Early Childhood Education - Volume 2 Review of Research Methodologies
- Contemporary Perspectives on Research in Theory of Mind in Early Childhood Education
- Contemporary Perspectives on Research in Creativity in Early Childhood Education
- Contemporary Perspectives on Language and Cultural Diversity in Early Childhood Education
- Contemporary Perspectives on Mathematics in Early Childhood Education
- Contemporary Perspectives on Science and Technology in Early Childhood Education