Connect the Dots
How to Build, Nurture, and Leverage Your Network to Achieve Your Personal and Professional Goals
Feeling guilty about not networking enough? Stop! You can learn how to network effectively without attending networking events, collecting business cards, or getting a lot of LinkedIn followers. How? By learning how to Connect the Dots.
Written by Inga Carboni, Ph.D., Connect the Dots is a fun, fast-paced, and fact-based book for working professionals seeking to take the next step in their careers. The truth is that networking is not about managing impressions or projecting your personal brand. Effective networkers build, nurture, and leverage relationships, real relationships built on genuine connection. When done correctly, networking isn’t sleazy or manipulative. Instead, it’s empowering — for you, for all the people you know, and for all the people they know. Connect the Dots: How to Build, Nurture, and Leverage Your Network to Achieve Your Personal and Professional Goals offers a combination of personal stories, business anecdotes, self-assessments, exercises, and concrete guidelines grounded in the latest scientific research. Connect the Dots focuses on developing your personal power and leadership skills by creating effective networks and networking effectively. This book is designed to benefit everyone, from young professionals to senior managers to human resource professionals to C-suite executives.
Unleash the power of your network by learning how to connect the dots to make your network work for you.
CHAPTER 1: Introduction. CHAPTER 2: The Slime Factor. CHAPTER 3: Sticky Rice Feels So Good. CHAPTER 4: Building Bridges. CHAPTER 5: At Home on the Range. CHAPTER 6: Circles and Sleepers. CHAPTER 7: Casting Your Net. CHAPTER 8: Nurture and Nature. CHAPTER 9: The Magnificent Seven. CHAPTER 10: Leverage Your Assets. CHAPTER 11: Changing Your Lead. CHAPTER 12: In Conclusion. Toolbox. References.
- This title is in development and is not yet available to order online. Please call the IAP office for more information: 704.752.9125
- PSY017000 - PSYCHOLOGY: Interpersonal Relations
- PSY031000 - PSYCHOLOGY: Social Psychology
- SEL027000 - SELF HELP: PERSONAL GROWTH: Success
- Healthcare and Culture Subjectivity in Medical Contexts
- I Activate You To Affect Me
- Internationalizing the Teaching of Psychology
- The Psychology of Imagination History, Theory and New Research Horizons
- The Road to Actualized Democracy A Psychological Exploration
- The Subjectified and Subjectifying Mind
- Trans-Generational Family Relations Investigating Ambivalences