Diverse Methodologies in the Study of Music Teaching and Learning
A volume in the series: Advances in Music Education Research. Editor(s): Linda K. Thompson, Lee University. Mark Robin Campbell, SUNY at Potsdam.
As a set of studies, Diverse Methodologies represents and reflects the music education research community at a truly unique moment. The collection demonstrates the profession's increased motivation, willingness, and desire to expand and enhance the research base and traditions in the study and practice of music education. This volume is an important addition to the libraries of Colleges of Education and Schools of Music, as well as music scholars and educators, researchers, and graduate students who are concerned with advancing both the scope and quality of research in the study of music teaching and learning.
Editorial Review Board. Foreward, Linda K. Thompson and Mark Robin Campbell. The Live/d Performance of Scholarship: Shared Structures and Ethos in Music and Research, Liora Bresler. PART I: FOCUS ON TEACHER AND LEARNING. Young Children's Constructions of the Musical Knowledgeable Other, Peter Whiteman. "Getting the Minutes In": A Case Study of Beginning Instrumentalists' Music Practice, Margaret H. Berg. First-Year Teachers and Methods Classes: Is There a Connection? Margaret Schmidt. Music Educator as Social Agent: A Personal Narrative, Melissa Natale Abramo. Teaching in an Unforgiving Present for the Unknowable Future: Multicultural Human Subjectivity, Antiracism Pedagogy, and Music Education, Deborah Bradley. Discourse in the Band Room: The Role of Talk in an Instrumental Music Classroom, Teryl L. Dobbs. PART II: FOCUS ON SOCIAL AND INSTITUTIONAL CONTEXTS AND ISSUES. Charter Schools: Embracing or Excluding the Arts? James R. Austin and Joshua A. Russell. Doctoral Students in Music and Their Socialization Into Teaching: An Initial Inquiry, Susan Wharton Conkling and Warren Henry. A Narrative in Multiple Institutional Review Board Interactions: A Call for Music Education Researchers, Linda C. Thornton. About the Authors.
"New points of entry into music education research have been found and doors opened for emerging scholars seeking to inform our understanding of music teaching and learning. Personally, I look forward to future volumes in this series and new voices in our field." Adria Hoffman in Education Review
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU015000 - EDUCATION: Higher
- MUS022000 - MUSIC: Instruction & Study: General
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- Advancing Women in Academic STEM Fields through Dual Career Policies and Practices
- Analyzing Influences Research on Decision Making and the Music Education Curriculum
- Issues of Identity in Music Education Narratives and Practices
- Musical Childhoods of Asia and the Pacific
- Recruiting, Retaining, and Engaging African-American Males at Selective Prestigious Research Universities Challenges and Opportunities in Academics and Sports
- Research Perspectives Thought and Practice in Music Education
- Situating Inquiry Expanded Venues for Music Education Research