Evaluating Second Language Courses
Typically, books on evaluation in the second and foreign language field deal with large programs and often result from large‐scale studies done by the authors. The challenge for ordinary second and foreign language classroom teachers is that they must extrapolate techniques or strategies for evaluation from a very large scale to a much smaller scale, that of the course. At the same time, classroom teachers are responsible for outcomes of their courses and need to do evaluation on a scale and for needs of their choosing. Evaluating Second Language Courses is designed for classroom teachers who are dealing with a single course, and who wish to understand and improve some aspect of their course.
Foreword. CHAPTER I: What Is Course Evaluation? CHAPTER II: Models of Second Language Course Evaluation. CHAPTER III: Stakeholders and Outcomes, the World, and Outcomes Validation. CHAPTER IV: The World, Stakeholders, and Needs Analysis. CHAPTER V: Curriculum and Outcomes, and Course Logic. CHAPTER VI: Curriculum and Stakeholders, and Formative Evaluation. CHAPTER VII: Tests and Quizzes. CHAPTER VIII: Classroom Observations, Interviews, and Questionnaires. CHAPTER IX: Outcomes and Assessment, and Summative Evaluation. CHAPTER X: Reading and Assessing Evaluation Publications. Bibliography of Evaluation. Bibliography About Evaluation. Bibliography of Needs Analysis. Bibliography About Needs Analysis. Glossary.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU005000 - EDUCATION: Bilingual Education
- FOR000000 - FOREIGN LANGUAGE STUDY: General
- EDU011000 - EDUCATION: Evaluation & Assessment
- Critical Views on Teaching and Learning English Around the Globe Qualitative Research Approaches
- Democratic Evaluation and Democracy Exploring the Reality
- Evaluation Use and Decision-Making in Society A Tribute to Marvin C. Alkin
- Evaluative Research Methods Managing the Complexities of Judgment in the Field
- Peace Jobs A Student’s Guide to Starting a Career Working for Peace
- Test Fairness in the New Generation of Large‐Scale Assessment
- The Next Generation of Testing Common Core Standards, Smarter‐Balanced, PARCC, and the Nationwide Testing Movement