Getting Closer to God
Getting Closer to God is a devotional and intellectually stimulating book that is designed to draw the reader into a more intimate relationship with God. The book examines some of the most challenging aspects of drawing closer to God and communicates that some of the most heartwrenching aspects of drawing closer to God during which many feel isolated are actually experiences that many Christians share. This book is not designed for people who take faith and spirituality lightly, but for those who want to be stretched spiritually and intellectually.
Some of the subjects that are examined include: spiritual growth, life’s patterns, dealing with difficult people, discerning what truth faith actually involves, evangelism, prayer, practicing the presence of God, loving God, loving others, humility, spiritual maturity, becoming disappointed in people, being called of God, God’s timing, waiting on God, paising God, accepting others, forgiveness, controlling anger, worrying, guilt, spiritual gifts, temptation, legalism, marriage, disciple, and a host of other topics.
This book can read in a few sittings, but its optimal efficacy will be appreciated if it is read at the rate of a section or two per day. You will find this book encouraging and inspirational! Enjoy it to the fullest
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU015000 - EDUCATION: Higher
- REL012000 - RELIGION: Christian Life: General
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- (Re)Imagining Elementary Social Studies A Controversial Issues Reader
- Career and College Readiness and Success for All Students
- Models of Success How Historically Black Colleges and Universities Survive the Economic Recession
- Navigating the Volatility of Higher Education Anthropological and Policy Perspectives
- The Role of Leadership Educators Transforming Learning
- Transformative Pedagogies for Teacher Education Moving Towards Critical Praxis in an Era of Change
- Visions from Professional Development School Partners Connecting Professional Development and Clinical Practice