Human Resource Development Today and Tomorrow
This book is written with the belief that HRD professionals will continue to learn, change and find ways to reinvent themselves and the profession individually and collectively as we move further into the 21st century. A major point of this book is that HRD will continue to become more and more important to organizational success. And, that in as calls for accountability and bottom line impact continue to rise, HRD professionals will be proactive in demonstrating their value to the organization.
The primary audience for this book is practicing HRM and HRD professionals, and other organizational leaders. The book provides tested and proven ideas important to demonstrating the value of HRD. From a practical viewpoint, it is based on actual experience, a strong research base, and accepted practices presented in an easy to read form.
A second target audience is students of HRD and HRM who are preparing for careers in this important field. This book will help them develop a solid foundation to the study of HRD practices that are key to HRD success regardless of the type of organization.
A third target audience is managers or leaders at all levels of an organization who are increasingly expected to take on HRD responsibilities while also partnering with HRD professionals. It offers these individuals a firsthand look at what they should expect of their HRD functions or areas and how they can encourage HRD professionals in their organizations to be accountable’ strategic partners in helping the organization achieve its success by getting the most out of its human capital.
Preface. Introduction to HRD. Maximizing Learning Outcomes in Human Resource Development: The Role of Learning and Learning Styles. Assessing HRD Needs. Designing Effective HRD Initiatives. Training Methods: Implementing HRD Initiatives. Evaluating HRD Initiatives. Employee Socialization and Orientation. HRD and Career Management and Development. Management Development. HRD, Organizational Change and Development. HRD: Bridging Today and Tomorrow. References.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- BUS012000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: CAREERS: General
- BUS041000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Management
- BUS030000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Human Resources & Personnel Management
- A Contemporary Look at Business Ethics
- Managing Alliance Portfolios and Networks
- Radical Thoughts on Ethical Leadership
- Sports and Understanding Organizations
- Strategic Engineering of the Reed Reflections on Socio-Economic Strategy and Implementation
- Technological Innovation Networks Collaboration and Partnership
- When a New Leader Takes Over Toward Ethical Turnarounds