Human Resource Management
Contemporary Issues, Challenges and Opportunities
A volume in the series: Contemporary Human Resource Management Issues Challenges and Opportunities. Editor(s): Ronald R. Sims, College of William and Mary.
The contributors in this book identify and clearly discuss contemporary and critical issues, challenges and opportunities in HRM. The book attempts to achieve the delicate balance between basic HRM functions, and the new world of HRM. Moreover, in a dynamic field like HRM, a complete look at contemporary HRM issues, challenges, and opportunities is a must for today's and tomorrow's students and future manages and leaders. After all, it is important for any book to undertake a current state of the field while also bridging the gap of traditional HRM activities (i.e., issues, challenges and opportunities) and the possible future state of the HRM field. An organizing principle for this book is the need to for an integrated HRM system, comprised of multiple activities, designed to influence organizational and employee behaviors. The books contributors include some basic theories and models that simultaneously consider how HRM activities like recruitment, selection, reward practices, and development activities among others are being impacted by contemporary issues, challenges and opportunities for the field of HRM, particularly HRM functions and professional as they are increasingly expected to play a role in enabling organizational managers and other employees to achieve desired organizational results. Thus, the essence of the book is that the collective chapters reflect both a functional orientation built on theory and models but also provide insights into how to translate theory into practice via the establishment of the increasingly critical role HRM procedures, practices, and processes play in accomplishing the goals and objectives in contemporary organizations.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- BUS041000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Management
- BUS030000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Human Resources & Personnel Management
- BUS096000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Office Management
- A Contemporary Look at Business Ethics
- Experiences in Teaching Business Ethics
- Legal and Regulatory Issues in Human Resources Management
- Managing Human Resources for the Millennial Generation
- Reforming (Transforming?) a Public Human Resource Management Agency The Case of the Personnel Board of Jefferson County, Alabama
- Transforming Government Organizations Fresh Ideas and Examples from the Field
- When a New Leader Takes Over Toward Ethical Turnarounds