Informing the Practice of Teaching Using Formative and Interim Assessment
A Systems Approach
A volume in the series: The MARCES Book Series. Editor(s): Robert W. Lissitz, University of Maryland.
This book focuses on interim and formative assessments as distinguished from the more usual interest in summative assessment. I was particularly interested in seeing what the experts have to say about a full system of assessment. This book has particular interest in what information a teacher, a school or even a state could collect that monitors the progress of a student as he or she learns. The authors were asked to think about assessing the effects of teaching and learning throughout the student’s participation in the curriculum.
This book is the product of a conference by the Maryland Assessment Research Center for Education Success (MARCES) with funding from the Maryland State Department of Education.
An Introduction, Robert W. Lissitz. Connecting the Dots: Formative, Interim, and Summative Assessment, Dylan Wiliam, Gage Kingsbury, and Steven Wise. Design of Interim Assessment for Instructional Purpose: A Case Study Using Evidence Centered Design in Advanced Placement, Lori Nebelsick-Gullett, Cindy Hamen Farrar, Kristen Huff, and Sheryl Packman. Integrating Student Standardized and Formative Assessments With the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards’ Teacher Development Process, Joan Chikos Auchter. Using Assessment Information in Real Time: What Teachers Need to Know and Be Able To Do, Margaret Heritage. The Instructional Influence of Interim Assessments: Voices From the Field, Lisa M. Abrams and James H. McMillan. Sourcing Instructionally Embedded Formative Assessments, William D. Schafer. Marrying Periodic and Summative Assessments: I Do, Kimberly O’Malley, Emily Lai, Katie McClarty, and Denny Way Pearson. Comprehensive Assessment Systems in Service of Learning: Getting the Balance Right, Susan M. Brookhart. Errors in Student Learning and Assessment: The Learning Errors and Formative Feedback (LEAFF) Model, Jacqueline Leighton, Man-Wai Chu, and Paolina Seitz. Toward a Technical Theory for Systems for Learning: The Role of Information, Paul Nichols and Charles DePascale. Productive Formative Assessment ALWAYS Requires Local District Preparation, Rick Stiggins. About the Contributors.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- EDU009000 - EDUCATION: Educational Psychology
- EDU030000 - EDUCATION: Testing & Measurement
- Computers and Their Impact on State Assessments Recent History and Predictions for the Future
- Contemporary Perspectives on Research in Assessment and Evaluation in Early Childhood Education
- Exploring Issues of Diversity within HBCUs
- Making Meaning, Making Motherhood
- Using Past as Prologue Contemporary Perspectives on African American Educational History
- Value Added Modeling and Growth Modeling with Particular Application to Teacher and School Effectiveness
- Women and Leadership around the World