Making Sense of Infinite Uniqueness
The Emerging System of Idiographic Science
A volume in the series: Yearbook of Idiographic Science. Editor(s): Sergio Salvatore, University of Salento. Jaan Valsiner, Clark University.
SECTION I: THE PUZZLE: LANGUAGE FOR THE SCIENCE OF UNIQUE EVENTS. How Idiographic Science Could Create Its Own Terminology, Jaan Valsiner and Sergio Salvatore. Commentary: What Should Idiographic Language be Like? Carlos Cornejo. Commentary: Some Considerations Pertinent to the Language of Idiographic Science, James T. Lamiell. Commentary: Explaining Social Behavior In Situ: The Study of Points of View, Gordon Sammut and George Gaskell. SECTION II: COMMUNICATION: THEORETICAL OBSTACLE OR INNOVATIVE RESOURCE? The Language as Object: A Tool of Intersubjective Exchange in Clinical Practice, Claudia Venuleo. The Singular Patterns of Discourse for a Psycho-Idiographic Analysis of Language, Giuseppe Mininni, Beatrice Ligorio, and Rosa Traversa. Metacommunication, Microgenesis, and Idiographic Sciences: The Study of Meaning-Construction Processes, Angela Uchoa Branco. Commentary: Idiographic Science: Its Polyphonic Arena and Need for Reflexivity, Giuseppina Marsico. SECTION III: INTERVENTION: THE GENERAL APPLIED TO THE UNIQUE. Innovative Moments in Psychotherapy: From Narrative Outputs to the Semiotic-Dialogical Processes, António P. Ribeiro, Miguel M. Gonçalves and Anita Santos. Narration and Discourse in the Clinical Dialogue, Maria Francesca Freda and Fabio Milito Pagliara. Commentary: Blind Spots and Laziness: Two Ways of Becoming “Stuck” Philip J. Rosenbaum. SECTION IV: METHODOLOGIES: GROWING THE DYNAMIC ANALYSIS. Positioning Microanalysis: The Development of a Dialogically Based Method for Idiographic Psychology, João Salgado and Carla Cunha. The Role of Language in Researcher–Participant Interaction, Andrea Smorti and Elia Cardini. Commentary: Some Reflections on the Emergence of Multimodal Assemblages of Meaning, Mariann Märtsin.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU029040 - EDUCATION: TEACHING METHODS & MATERIALS: Social Science
- PSY030000 - PSYCHOLOGY: Research & Methodology
- Biographical Ruptures and Their Repair Cultural Transitions in Development
- Getting at the Core of the Common Core with Social Studies
- Intersectionality and Urban Education Identities, Policies, Spaces & Power
- Making Our Ideas Clear Pragmatism in Psychoanalysis
- Multicentric Identities in a Globalizing World
- Temporality Culture in the Flow of Human Experience
- Women Interrupting, Disrupting, and Revolutionizing Educational Policy and Practice