Managing Social and Ethical Issues in Organizations
A volume in the series: Research in Social Issues in Management. Editor(s): Stephen W. Gilliland, University of Arizona. Dirk D. Steiner, Universite de Nice-Sophia Antipolis. Daniel P. Skarlicki, The University of British Columbia.
This volume provides up-to-date reviews of the research on a number of social and ethical issues of increasing concern confronting today's managers and organizations. The authors, who are recognized international experts on the topics they treat, provide new theories and innovative perspectives on these issues. Further, they use a research base to identify ways for managers and human resources professionals to address these issues in their organizations. Given its breadth of coverage, practitioners faced with these issues, as well as researchers and graduate students in management and organizational psychology, should find this volume of interest. This collection of ten chapters provides the cutting edge on a number of the most pressing challenges in management today. Readers of the volume will discover new models, innovative theoretical approaches, comprehensive reviews, theoretical and methodological critiques, and specific and insightful suggestions for research on these different social and ethical issues facing organizations. Perhaps more importantly, the practical suggestions that come from the research provide a useful bridge between what we know and what we can do to address these challenges, and thus contribute, even in a small way, to workplaces that respect ethics and individuals in all their diversity.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- BUS041000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Management
- BUS008000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Business Ethics
- BUS074000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Nonprofit Organizations & Charities
- Emerging Perspectives on Managing Organizational Justice
- Emerging Perspectives on Organizational Justice and Ethics
- Emerging Perspectives on Values in Organizations
- Justice, Morality, and Social Responsibility
- The Social Dynamics of Organizational Justice
- Theoretical and Cultural Perspectives on Organizational Justice
- What Motivates Fairness in Organizations?