Promising Practices to Support Family Involvement in Schools
A volume in the series: Family School Community Partnership Issues. Editor(s): Diana Hiatt-Michael, Pepperdine University.
Promising Practices to Support Family Involvement in Schools is a must-have volume for every contemporary educator. This monograph provides a broad array of exciting research-supported practices to reform schools for the benefit of students, teachers, administrators, families and their communities. These practices will lead to higher student academic and school satisfaction outcomes. Experts in the field prepared this highly readable volume for teachers, school administrators, educational researchers, policymakers, and university faculty. The authors share their decades of educational research, wise insights and practical experiences with hopes to better life for individual families, educators, and society. This book belongs on every educator’s desk!
Foreword. 1 Family Involvement Policy, Research and Practice, Diana B. Hiatt-Michael and Catherine M. Hands. 2 Theoretical Perspectives on Family Involvement, Holly Kreider and Steven B. Sheldon. 3 Communication Practices that Bridge Home with School, Diana B. Hiatt-Michael. 4 Parental Involvement at Home, Lee Shumow. 5 Parent Engagement at School, Kathy L. Church and Cynthia A. Dollins. 6 Parent Engagement in School Decision-Making and Governance, Catherine M. Hands. 7 Educating Teachers and School Leaders for School–Family Partnerships, Benjamin H. Dotger and Jo Bennett. 8 Evaluating Parent Programs, Sam Redding and Julia B. Keleher. 9 Family Involvement in Federal Education Programs: The Bush Years, Oliver C. Moles, Jr.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU015000 - EDUCATION: Higher
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- EDU029000 - EDUCATION: TEACHING METHODS & MATERIALS: General
- Family Involvement in Faith-Based Schools
- Promising Practices for Engaging Families in Literacy
- Promising Practices for Family and Community Involvement during High School
- Promising Practices for Family Engagement in Out-of-School Time
- Promising Practices for Fathers' Involvement in Children's Education
- Promising Practices To Empower Culturally And Linguistically Diverse Families Of Children With Disabilities
- The Power of Community Engagement for Educational Change