Qualitative Organizational Research - Volume 2
Best Papers from the Davis Conference on Qualitative Research
A volume in the series: Advances in Qualitative Organization Research. Editor(s): Jean M. Bartunek, Boston College. Kimberly D. Elsbach, University of California - Davis. John A. Wagner, Michigan State University.
Over the past ten years, the Davis Conference on Qualitative Research has become the world’s leading conference for qualitative researchers in organizational studies. The authors of the "Best Presentation Awards" at the Davis Conference from the past four years have contributed chapters to this volume. These papers cover topics ranging from organizational name changes and organizational afterlife, to the use of written letters to build relationships and the use of a “creative foil” to improve one’s leadership image. Yet all of these papers are similar in that they benefited from the community of over 100 scholars developed through the Davis Conference, and represent qualitative research at its very best.
Introduction: Research Context and Attention of the Qualitative Researcher, Kim Elsbach and Beth A. Bechky. Work Team Formation as Social Order Negotiations, Corinne Bendersky. “All for One or One for All?”: Examining Collective and Comparative Discourse in an Organizational Name Change Debate, Tiffany Galvin. The Creative Foil, Elizabeth Long Lingo. Career Complexity: A Lens for Understanding Contemporary Careers and Career Construction Processes, Elizabeth Craig. Expressing Emotions and Building Relationships over Distance: Fixedness and Fictionalization in Correspondences, Anne-Laure Fayard and Anca Metiu. The Social Organization of Turmoil: Policy, Power, and Disruption in an Urban Elementary School, Tim Hallett. Rescue and Recovery: Members’ Experiences of Organizational Death and Afterlife, Ian J. Walsh and Jean M. Bartunek. About the Authors.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- BUS047000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Negotiating
- BUS041000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Management
- BUS085000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Organizational Behavior
- Ethics and Risk Management
- Human Resource Management in Mexico - 2nd Edition Perspectives for Scholars and Practitioners
- Large Scale Change For Non-Profits A Playbook For Social Sector Capacity Building
- Legal and Regulatory Issues in Human Resources Management
- Qualitative Organizational Research Volume 1 Best Papers from the Davis Conference on Qualitative Research
- The Social Dynamics of Organizational Justice
- The Socio-Economic Approach to Management Revisited The Evolving Nature of SEAM in the 21st Century