Qualitative Organizational Research - Volume 3
Best papers from the Davis Conference on Qualitative Research
A volume in the series: Advances in Qualitative Organization Research. Editor(s): Ileana Stigliani, Imperial College London. Anna Canato, IESEG, France.
The Davis Conference on Organizational Research, held for the last 15 years, is the world’s leading conference for qualitative researchers in organizational studies. Scholars receiving the “Best presentation awards” at the Davis Conference for the past 6 years have contributed chapters to this volume. These papers explore social relationships in organizations and work, and cover a diverse set of topics ranging from boundary spanning in collaboration and teamwork to embodied competence at work and beliefs about availability among professionals. Yet all the papers are similar in that they benefited from the community of over 150 scholars developed through the Davis Conference, and represent qualitative research at its very best.
Boundaries, Bodies, and Beliefs: Social Relations in Work and Organizations, Beth A. Bechky and Kimberly D. Elsbach. Being Valued and Devalued at Work: A Social Valuing Perspective, Jane E. Dutton, Gelaye Debebe, and Amy Wrzesniewski. Managing Collaborations at the University–Industry Interface: An Exploration of the Diffusion of PCR and rDNA, Andrew J. Nelson. Programmers and Professionalism Bringing Technology, Organizations, and Work Back In, Steve Kahl and Greg Liegel. The Transformers: Immigration and Tacit Knowledge Development, Natasha Iskander and Nichola Lowe. Embodied Relational Competence: Attending to the Body in the Boundary‐Spanning Work of Patient Advocates, Emily D. Heaphy, Karen Locke, and Brandy Booth. Markets of Availability and the Commodification of Time in 21st Century Work: Inducing Macro‐Level Insights From Micro‐Level Data, Melissa Mazmanian and Ingrid Erickson. Adapting for the Sake of Beauty: The Role of Leaders, Levels, and Learning in the Coordination of a Choral Group, John Paul Stephens. Breaking Class Ceilings in Corporate Careers: The Case of Elite Hiring, Lauren A. Rivera. About the Contributors.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- BUS000000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: General
- BUS085000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Organizational Behavior
- BUS049000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Operations Research
- Contemporary Perspectives in Corporate Social Performance and Policy The Middle Eastern Perspective
- Fostering Sustainability by Management Education
- La Recherche-Intervention Dans les Entreprises et les Organisations
- Management Education for Corporate Social Performance
- Qualitative Organizational Research - Volume 2 Best Papers from the Davis Conference on Qualitative Research
- Qualitative Organizational Research Volume 1 Best Papers from the Davis Conference on Qualitative Research
- The Brave New World of eHRM 2.0