Chronicling the Homeless in Miami
A volume in the series: The University of Miami School of Education and Human Development Series. Editor(s): Luciana C. de Oliveira, University of Miami.
Photographs by Lewis P. Wilkerson
StreetWays: Chronicling the Homeless in Miami is a collection of interviews with 28 homeless individuals living in downtown Miami and Miami Beach. Besides extensive photographs of these people and their lives on the street, the book also includes interviews with social service providers, as well as a detailed analysis of homelessness in the United States and more specifically in Miami. The work concludes with a policy analysis and suggestions for addressing issues of homelessness in Miami and the nation.
StreetWays attempts to make clear how and why homelessness occurs, and what the actual lives and experiences of the homeless are about. Through extensive interviews and extensive documentary photographs, a selected group of homeless Miamians lose their invisibility as their experiences, needs and aspirations are reported. The book calls for a better understanding of the experience of homelessness places such as Miami, and of the need to understand homelessness as an issue of diversity and human rights.
Foreword. Preface. Introduction. Interviewees. C. A. Franco. Roberta Ann Olson. Sergio Torres Quintana. Brian Michaud. Michael Malichuk. Lawrence Wieczorek. Roy Taylor. Mike McCabe. Michael Farley. Byron Vest. Pepe Marino. Scott Paumen. Samuel Pagano. Sanders Brown, Jr. Ellis Kaucher. Richard Strang. Jeffrey Allen Williams. Wayne Edwards, Sr. Ellis Haynes. Randy Chapman. Patrick Rempkowski. Anthony V. Reynolds. Ashley White. Dale Branch. Jerome Henderson. Joseph Shephard. Kimberly Jones. Ms. "Red. Margo Kenyon. Afterword. Bibliography. Webography.
Web price: $33.99 (Reg. 39.99)
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- SOC045000 - SOCIAL SCIENCE: Poverty & Homelessness
- SOC016000 - SOCIAL SCIENCE: Human Services
- Beyond the Mind Cultural Dynamics of the Psyche
- Envisioning Scholar-Practitioner Collaborations Communities of Practice in Education and Sport
- Hacking Education in a Digital Age Teacher Education, Curriculum, and Literacies
- In the Beginning Biblical Sparks for a Child’s Week
- Innovation and Implementation in Rural Places School-University-Community Collaboration in Education
- Navigating the Volatility of Higher Education Anthropological and Policy Perspectives
- Transformative Pedagogies for Teacher Education Moving Towards Critical Praxis in an Era of Change