Studying Teachers in Early Childhood Settings
A volume in the series: Contemporary Perspectives in Early Childhood Education. Editor(s): Olivia Saracho, University of Maryland.
The chapters in this volume reflect the impact that teachers have on their students when "they stand in front of the classroom" and the effect their performance have on children such as teachers gender, preparation, certification, knowledge, beliefs, cognitive style, creativity, accountability, and other actions on the part of the teachers. They describe research related to the preparation and certification or credentialing of early childhood practitioners, the issues regarding the nature of early childhood practice, and the needs of the field as it prepares for the future.
Introduction: Factors that Impact on Teacher Quality. Olivia N. Saracho and Bernard Spodek. The Preparation of Teachers for the Profession in Early Childhood Education. Olivia N. Saracho and Bernard Spodek. The Possibilities and Challenges of "Not Knowing": Early Childhood Teachers’ Knowledge and Thinking in Uncertain Times. Glenda Mac Naughton. The Importance of Teachers’ Subjective Perceptions of Educational Innovations: The Case of Adaptive Teaching. Rudolf van den Berg and Peter Sleegers. Transformative Pathways in Becoming an Early Childhood Teacher. Joy Goodfellow and Jennifer Sumsion. Accountability in Early Childhood Care and Education. Martha J. Buell and Donald L. Peters. Gender and Schoolwork in the United States, 1850-1920. Jackie M. Blount. Beliefs of Early Childhood Teachers. Johanna Einarsdottir. Creativity and Teacher-student Interactions. Donna Tafuri and Olivia N. Saracho. Teachers’ Cognitive Styles and Their Instructional Implications. Olivia N. Saracho. Sensei: Early Childhood Education Teachers in Japan. Susan D. Holloway and Yoko Yamamoto. Improving Teacher Quality. Olivia N. Saracho and Bernard Spodek. About the Authors.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- Bernard Spodek Early Childhood Education Scholar, Researcher, and Teacher
- Contemporary Perspectives on Research in Assessment and Evaluation in Early Childhood Education
- Contemporary Perspectives on Research in Creativity in Early Childhood Education
- Contemporary Perspectives on Research in Theory of Mind in Early Childhood Education
- Contemporary Perspectives on Research on Bullying and Victimization in Early Childhood Education
- Handbook of Research Methods in Early Childhood Education - Volume 2 Review of Research Methodologies
- Handbook of Research Methods in Early Childhood Education - Volume I Research Methodologies