Teachers Engaged in Research
Inquiry into Mathematics Classrooms, Grades 6-8
Joanna O. Masingila, Syracuse University
A volume in the series: Teachers Engaged in Research. Editor(s): Denise S. Mewborn, University of Georgia.
Through the chapters in this volume we learn about the research foci and/ or questions that these classroom teachers are interested in examining, the mathematics content through which they engaged their students in these explorations, the data sources they used to make sense of their focus and questions, and their roles in the research.
Introduction to the Series, Marilyn Cochran-Smith. Introduction to the Grades 6–8 Volume, Joanna O. Masingila. Mosaics of Granada to the Mathematics of Escher’s Geometry: Making Connections, Shelly Sheats Harkness and Maureen Grant. Under the Microscope of Research and into the Classroom: Reflections on Early Algebra Learning and Instruction, Amy French and Mitchell J. Nathan. Learning to Teach, Al Coles and Laurinda Brown. A Developing Mathematical Community, Vicki Walker with Beatriz D’Ambrosio and Signe Kastberg. Driving While Black or Brown: The Mathematics of Racial Profiling, Eric Gutstein. Supporting Mathematical Thinking: A Collaborative Inquiry, K. Ann Renninger, Susan Stein, Judith Koenig and Art Mabbott. Meaningful Mathematics for Urban Learners: Perspective from a Teacher-Researcher Collaboration, Christine D. Thomas and Carmelita A. Santiago. Exploring Connections Between Teaching, Learning and Assessing Mathematics for Understanding, Tracey J. Smith. The 1998 Winter Olympics: Documenting and Analyzing Student Learning in an Inquiry Approach, Cynthia H. Callard. Relating Classroom Interaction to Student Assessment Results, Mary C. Shafer and Annette Hill. Teaching Mathematical Discourse Through Characters and Scripts? Marcia DeJesús-Rueff.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- MAT002040 - MATHEMATICS: ALGEBRA: Intermediate
- MAT030000 - MATHEMATICS: Study & Teaching
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- Envisioning Scholar-Practitioner Collaborations Communities of Practice in Education and Sport
- Navigating the Volatility of Higher Education Anthropological and Policy Perspectives
- Teachers Engaged in Research Inquiry into Mathematics Classrooms, Grades Pre K-2
- Teachers Engaged in Research Inquiry into Mathematics Classrooms, Grades 3-5
- Teachers Engaged in Research Inquiry into Mathematics Classrooms, Grades 9-12
- The Global Education Movement Narratives of Distinguished Global Scholars
- Transformative Pedagogies for Teacher Education Moving Towards Critical Praxis in an Era of Change