The Case of the No Child Left Behind Legislation
Educational Research and Federal Funding
A volume in the series: Psychological Perspectives on Contemporary Educational Issues. Editor(s): Jonathan Plucker, Johns Hopkins University.
Focal Article: The No Child Left Behind Act and Scientific Research: A View from Washington, D.C., Valerie F. Reyna. Commentaries: A Matter of Proof: Why Achievement … Learning, Patricia A. Alexander and Michelle M. Riconscente. Federal Intrusion in Research and Teaching and the Medical Model Myth, Richard L. Allington. Educational Research and NCLB: A View from the Past, Robert C. Calfee. The Education Acts: Political Practice Meets Practical Problems, Scientific Processes, Process Control, and Parkinson’s Law, Earl Hunt. Why Converging Scientific vidence Must Guide Educational Policies and Practices, G. Reid Lyon. Response to Valerie F. Reyna’s The No Child Left Behind Act and Scientific Research: A View from Washington, D. C., Douglas E. Mitchell. The No Child Left Behind Act: What if it Worked?, Angela M. O’Donnell. Educational Science: More Than Research Design, Gary D. Phye. What Role Should the Government Play in a Science of Education?, Michael Pressley. Scientific Research is Programmatic, Daniel H. Robinson. Prudent Inquiry: Conceptual Complexity Versus Practical Simplicity in Knowing What Works, William R. Shadish. Final Words, Valerie F. Reyna.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- Educating the Evolved Mind Conceptual Foundations for an Evolutionary Educational Psychology
- Exploding the Castle Rethinking How Video Games & Game Mechanics Can Shape the Future of Education
- Hacking Education in a Digital Age Teacher Education, Curriculum, and Literacies
- Innovation and Implementation in Rural Places School-University-Community Collaboration in Education
- Instructional Strategies for Improving Students' Learning Focus on Early Reading and Mathematics
- Preparing Middle Level Educators for 21st Century Schools Enduring Beliefs, Changing Times, Evolving Practices
- Transformative Pedagogies for Teacher Education Moving Towards Critical Praxis in an Era of Change