The Race Talk
Drawing on critical race theory, this book critically examines race through a mosaic lens pointing out various issues directly connected to it, such as racial identity politics, racism, multiracialism, interracial relationships, and the hegemony of whiteness. This book goes further to analyze the manner in which socially constructed racial stereotypes contribute to and are used to justify the poor socio-economic situation and marginalization of People of Color, particularly the poor ones. Designed for a broad range of readers, this book aims to open up democratic spaces for genuine discussions about racial issues.
Acknowledgments. 1. The Race Talk. 2. Asserting Multiracialism: Beyond the Hegemony of Whiteness. 3. Racial Identity Politics and Class Divide in The Age of Obamerica. 4. Unpacking [Inter] Racial Relationships between Whites. and People of Color. 5. Examining the Intricacies of Interracial Relationships. 6. Being Blacks and Browns in the Twenty-First Century: Challenges and Possibilities. 7. On Being a Professor of Color: Battling Invisibility and Microaggression. 8. Black Skin Could Speak: Resistant Narratives for Racial Justice. 9. The Sociopolitical Weight of Race: A Critical Analysis of President Obama, Professor Gates, and Sgt. Crowley’s Racial Controversy. References. About the Author. Index.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- SOC001000 - SOCIAL SCIENCE: ETHNIC STUDIES: African American Studies
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- SOC002010 - SOCIAL SCIENCE: ANTHROPOLOGY: Cultural
- Beyond the Mind Cultural Dynamics of the Psyche
- Curriculum and Teaching Dialogue Vol. 20 # 1 & 2
- Inquiries Into Literacy Learning and Cultural Competencies in a World of Borders
- Literature Reviews in Support of the Middle Level Education Research Agenda
- More Like Life Itself Simulations as Powerful and Purposeful Social Studies
- Navigating the Volatility of Higher Education Anthropological and Policy Perspectives
- No Reluctant Citizens Teaching Civics in K-12 Classrooms