Using and Developing Measurement Instruments in Science Education
A Rasch Modeling Approach
A volume in the series: Science & Engineering Education Sources. Editor(s): Calvin S. Kalman, Concordia University.
This book meets a demand in the science education community for a comprehensive and introductory measurement book in science education. It describes measurement instruments reported in refereed science education research journals, and introduces the Rasch modeling approach to developing measurement instruments in common science assessment domains, i.e. conceptual understanding, affective variables, science inquiry, learning progression, and learning environments. This book can help readers develop a sound understanding of measurement theories and approaches, particularly Rasch modeling, to using and developing measurement instruments for science education research.
This book is for anyone who is interested in knowing what measurement instruments are available and how to develop measurement instruments for science education research. For example, this book can be a textbook for a graduate course in science education research methods; it helps graduate students develop competence in using and developing standardized measurement instruments for science education research. For use as a textbook there are summaries and exercises at the end of each chapter. Science education researchers, both beginning and experienced, may use this book as a reference for locating available and developing new measurement instruments when conducting a research study.
1. Essential Concepts and Skills for Using and Developing Measurement Instruments. 2. Approaches to Developing Measurement Instruments. 3. Using and Developing Instruments for Measuring Conceptual Understanding. 4. Using and Developing Instruments for Measuring Affective Variables. 5. Using and Developing Instruments for Measuring Science Inquiry. 6. Using and Developing Instruments for Measuring Learning Progression. 7. Using and Developing Instruments for Measuring Science Learning Environments. Exercises. References. Subject Index. Author Index. About the Authors.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- Career and College Readiness and Success for All Students
- College Teaching and the Development of Reasoning
- Deep Learning in Introductory Physics Exploratory Studies of Model‐Based Reasoning
- Hacking Education in a Digital Age Teacher Education, Curriculum, and Literacies
- Innovation and Implementation in Rural Places School-University-Community Collaboration in Education
- Rethinking Science Education Philosophical Perspectives
- Successful Science and Engineering Teaching in Colleges and Universities, 2nd Edition