Writing Math Research Papers - 4th Edition
A Guide for High School Students and Instructors
Mathematics research papers provide a forum for all mathematics enthusiasts to exercise their mathematical experience, expertise and excitement. The research paper process epitomizes the differentiation of instruction, as each student chooses their own topic and extends it as far as their desire takes them. The features and benefits of the research paper process offer a natural alignment with all eight Common Core State Standards for Mathematical Practice. Writing Math Research Papers serves both as a text for students and as a resource for instructors and administrators. This program received the 1997 Chevron Best Practices in Education Award as the premier high school mathematics course in the United States. This book is an excellent resource for students and teachers of the International Baccalaureate program.
Introduction. Chapter 1: Mathematics: Shouting Questions and Whispering Answers. Chapter 2: Finding a Topic. Chapter 3: Problem Solving: A Prerequisite for Research. Chapter 4: The Importance of Clear Communication. Chapter 5: The Notes You Take in Math Class. Chapter 6: Technical Writing Techniques. Chapter 7: Conjectures, Theorems, and Proofs. Chapter 8: Reading and Keeping a Research Journal. Chapter 9: Components of Your Research Paper. Chapter 10: Oral Presentations. Chapter 11: Sample Pages from Actual Papers. Chapter 12: Some Suggested Resources. Chapter 13: A Guide for Instructors and Administrators. References.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $59.49 (Reg. 69.99)
- (Re)Imagining Elementary Social Studies A Controversial Issues Reader
- Envisioning Scholar-Practitioner Collaborations Communities of Practice in Education and Sport
- Faith and Work Christian Perspectives, Research and Insights into the Movement
- International Perspectives on Mathematics Curriculum
- The Global Education Movement Narratives of Distinguished Global Scholars
- The Growing Out-of-School Time Field Past, Present, and Future
- Visions from Professional Development School Partners Connecting Professional Development and Clinical Practice