Distance Learning - Issue
Volume 13 #2
A volume in the series: Distance Learning Journal. Editor(s): Michael Simonson, Nova Southeastern University.
Distance Learning is for leaders, practitioners, and decision makers in the fields of distance learning, e'learning, telecommunications, and related areas. It is a professional journal with applicable information for those involved with providing instruction to all kinds of learners, of all ages, using telecommunications technologies of all types. Stories are written by practitioners for practitioners with the intent of providing usable information and ideas. Articles are accepted from authors‐‐new and experienced‐‐with interesting and important information about the effective practice of distance teaching and learning.
Distance Learning is published quarterly. Each issue includes eight to ten articles and three to four columns, including the highly regarded "And Finally..." column covering recent important issues in the field and written by Distance Learning editor, Michael Simonson. Articles are written by practitioners from various countries and locations, nationally and internationally.
Distance Learning is an official publication of the United States Distance Learning Association, and is co‐sponsored by the Fischler School of Education at Nova Southeastern University and Information Age Publishing.
The Keys to Online Learning for Adults: The Six Principles of Andragogy, Part III, Barbara Zorn‐Arnold and Wendy Conaway
Plato Online Credit Recovery Programs for Meeting Promotional and Graduation Requirements, Nadine P. Anderson
Beyond the Classroom‐Shooting for the Stars: NASA’s Digital Learning Network, Michelle Comeau
Supporting STEM Success with Elementary Students of Color in a Low Income Community, Roxanne Molina, Jia Borror, and Charlene Desir
The Effective Integration of Technology into Schools’ Curriculum, Charlyque Harris
The Major Role of Financial Aid Guidance During the Enrollment Process, Richard Hudnett
A Brief History of E‐Learning in Post‐Soviet Armenia, Varvara Gasparyan
Mental Health in the Online College Classroom: Are Distance Learners Getting the Support they Need for the Challenges they Face? Marianne Raley
Orientation Programs to Increase Retention in Online Community College Courses, Wendy Robichaud
USDLA Award WinnersCOLUMNS
Ends and Means
Motivating the Online Learner Using Keller’s ARCS Model ‐‐by Natalie B. Milman and Jeffrey Wessmiller
A Miniguide to Mentoring the Online Newbie Educator —by Errol Craig Sull
Flipping, Single Concepts, and Video: So Many New ideas—or are They? —by Michael Simonson
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- EDU041000 - EDUCATION: Distance & Online Education
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- Across the Domains Examining Best Practices in Mentoring Public School Educators throughout the Professional Journey
- Beyond the Mind Cultural Dynamics of the Psyche
- Faith and Work Christian Perspectives, Research and Insights into the Movement
- Hacking Education in a Digital Age Teacher Education, Curriculum, and Literacies
- Innovation and Implementation in Rural Places School-University-Community Collaboration in Education
- Navigating the Volatility of Higher Education Anthropological and Policy Perspectives
- Transformative Pedagogies for Teacher Education Moving Towards Critical Praxis in an Era of Change