Research as a Tool for Empowerment
Theory Informing Practice
A volume in the series: Research in Second Language Learning. Editor(s): Bogum Yoon, State University of New York at Binghamton.
Research as a Tool for Empowerment: Theory Informing Practice is an edited volume that includes an array of research-based chapters that not only further the field of second/foreign language research, but also provide practical implications to language classrooms in international and national settings. Chapters in this volume present a bridge between methodologically sound second/foreign language research and strong pedagogical implications. This volume includes the voices of researchers, graduate students, teachers, parents, and learners exploring the second/foreign language phenomena. The multiple voices of the contributing authors reflect the diverse readership of the Research in Second Language Learning series. Unlike previous anthologies in second/foreign language research, this volume presents studies from various research paradigms. Chapters include examples of various research methods from both quantitative and qualitative paradigms. Few previous anthologies have presented research based in multiple paradigms and from multiple perspectives. Research as a Tool for Empowerment: Theory Informing Practice not only presents these various perspectives, but it also makes the link from research to classroom implications and applications. The volume is unique as it makes a connection between different types of research and research methods and empowerment and issues of empowerment.
Web price: $62.04 (Reg. 72.99)
Web price: $89.24 (Reg. 104.99)
- Academic Language In Second Language Learning
- Critical Views on Teaching and Learning English Around the Globe Qualitative Research Approaches
- Inquiries Into Literacy Learning and Cultural Competencies in a World of Borders
- Studies and Global Perspectives of Second Language Teaching and Learning
- Teachers' Roles in Second Language Learning Classroom Applications of Sociocultural Theory
- The Matter of Practice Exploring New Materialisms in the Research and Teaching of Languages and Literacies
- Transforming Schooling for Second Language Learners Theoretical Insights, Policies, Pedagogies, and Practices