Improving Results for Children and Families
Linking Collaborative Services with School Reform Efforts
A volume in the series: Research in Educational Policy: Local, National, and Global Perspectives. Editor(s): Kenneth K. Wong, Brown University.
(published in cooperation with the Laboratory for Student Success)
Preface, Margaret C. Wang and William Lowe Boyd. Section I: Emerging Models for Connecting Community Services Reform and Education Improvement Efforts. Trends and Lessons in School-Community Initiatives, Atelia I. Melaville with Martin J. Blank. Community for Learning: Connection with Community Services, JoAnn B. Manning and Lucy Rodriguez. Section II: The Impact of School and Community-Based Interventions on Children's Learning and Development Schools Community-based Interventions and Children's Learning and Development: What's the Connect? Katherine K. Merseth, Lisbeth B. Schorr, and Richard F. Elmore. Furthering Education: The Relationship of Schools and other Organizations, Joan Wynn, Stephen Meyer, and Katherine Richards-Schuster. Lessons from the Evaluation of New Jersey's School-based Youth Services Program, Constancia Warren and Cheri Fancsali. Section III: State and Federal Policies for Building Partnerships to Improve Outcomes for Children and Families. State Education Agency Support for School-Community Collaboration in the Mid-Atlantic States, Shelly Hara. Enhancing Federal Support for Connecting Educational Improvement. Strategies and Collaborative Services, Meredith I. Honig and Jeanne D. Jehl.
Web price: $45.04 (Reg. 52.99)
Web price: $80.74 (Reg. 94.99)
- Charting Reform, Achieving Equity in a Diverse Nation
- Cross-National Information and Communication Technology Policies and Practices in Education (Revised Second Edition)
- Educational Opportunity in Rural Contexts The Politics of Place
- Federalism and Education Ongoing Challenges and Policy Strategies in Ten Countries
- Partnering for Progress Boston University, the Chelsea Public Schools, and Twenty Years of Urban Education Reform
- The Testing Gap Scientific Trials of Test-Driven School Accountability Systems for Excellence and Equity
- Walkout! Teacher Militancy, Activism, and School Reform