Advancing Education Productivity
Policy Implications from National Databases
A volume in the series: Research in Educational Productivity. Editor(s): Susan J. Paik, Claremont Graduate University.
Most of the research contained in this book was supported by grants to the individual authors from the American Educational Research Association Grants Program.
Introduction and Overview, Susan J. Paik Part I: Educational Productivity and Achievement. Using an Educational Productivity Model to Construct Process Models for Mathematics Achievement and Attitudes Among Ethnic Minorities, John Thomas The Intended and Unintended Consequences of High School Graduation Requirement Policy, Peter Teitelbaum. Part II: Forms of Social Capital. African American Students’ Educational Outcomes: The Role of School Relationships, George L. Wimberly. The Impact of Parent Involvement and Authoritativeness on Academic Achievement: A Cross-Ethnic Comparison, Eunai Park and Gregory Palardy. The Job Acquisition Process: Social Structure, Undergraduate Resources, and College-to-Work Transitions, Cory Heyman. Part III: Analytic and Measurement Innovation. Application of Event History Modeling for Examining College Student Departure Behavior. Terry Ishitani. Improving Inferences about Student Achievement: A Multidimensional Perspective, Laura Hamilton. Part IV: International Perspectives on Educational Productivity. A Cross-National Analysis of Student Victimization: School System Effects on School Violence, Motoko Akiba. Toward an Understanding of Hong Kong and United States Students’ Mathematics Achievement, Debbie Baofeng Wang.
Web price: $45.04 (Reg. 52.99)
Web price: $80.74 (Reg. 94.99)
- Addressing The Achievement Gap
- Can Unlike Students Learn Together?
- Efficiency, Accountability, and Equity Issues in Title 1 School Wide Program Implementation
- High-Achieving Latino Students Successful Pathways Toward College and Beyond
- Optimizing Student Success in School with the Other Three Rs Reasoning, Resilience, and Responsibility
- Successful Reading Instruction
- The Scientific Basis of Education Productivity