Collaboration, Narrative, and Inquiry That Honor the Complexity of Teacher Education
A volume in the series: Advances in Teacher Education. Editor(s): Diane Yendol-Hoppey, University of North Florida. David T. Hoppey, University of North Florida.
Collaboration, Narrative, and Inquiry that Honor the Complexity of Teacher Education presents a narrative exploration of three teacher educators' collaborative and transnational inquiry into their practices. Through carefully selected narratives, the authors describe how they enacted a practice-based approach in their teacher education courses. The authors present challenges and complexities they encountered as teacher educators in trying to prepare preservice teacher candidates for the realities of the classroom.
Introduction. Preface. Acknowledgments. CHAPTER 1: Stories We Live by as Teacher Educators. CHAPTER 2: Working Toward Integrity and Trustworthiness in Practice-Based Teacher Education. CHAPTER 3: Creating (Transnational) Communities of Inquirers: Collaborative Narrative Inquiry as a Professional and Moral Stance. CHAPTER 4: Amy’s Story: Falling as Learning in Teacher Education. CHAPTER 5: Karen’s Story: What Does Teacher Education Do to Teacher Educators? CHAPTER 6: Tricia’s Story: From Teacher Educator to Principal. CHAPTER 7: Listen to the Wild Geese Announcing Your Place in Things. CHAPTER 8: Making Changes for Integrity and Trustworthiness. References.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU015000 - EDUCATION: Higher
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- EDU001030 - EDUCATION: ADMINISTRATION: Higher
- Curriculum Windows What Curriculum Theorists of the 2000s Can Teach Us About Schools and Society Today
- Dispositions in Teacher Education
- Outcomes of High-Quality Clinical Practice in Teacher Education
- Preparing the Next Generation of Teacher Educators for Clinical Practice
- Teacher Beliefs and Classroom Performance The Impact of Teacher Education
- What Counts as Knowledge in Teacher Education (Volume 5)
- Working Together Enhancing Urban Educator Quality Through School-University Partnerships