Collaborative Evaluation in Practice
Insights from Business, Nonprofit, and Education
One of the reasons some groups are more effective than others is collaboration; people implement evaluative decisions more willingly if they have collaborated on those decisions. This book introduces real-world applications of the Model for Collaborative Evaluations (MCE) in business, nonprofit, and education to make collaborative evaluations more accessible to you. The MCE is a systematic framework that revolves around a set of six interactive components specific to conducting a collaborative evaluation. It represents a practical attempt to capture the essence of collaborative evaluation from various perspectives in order to offer a valuable understanding of different stances that often arise when using this type of approach. A multidisciplinary team of authors enriches the diverse perspectives of this book with their international and cross-cultural expertise. The intention is to share a deeper understanding of how this approach is applied to build collaborative relationships within an evaluation, recognizing the level of collaboration will vary in each situation.
Foreword, Karen Russon. Introduction, Liliana Rodríguez-Campos. PART I: BUSINESS SECTOR. Introduction: The Model for Collaborative evaluations in the Business Sector, Wes Martz. A Collaborative Evaluation of a Training Program to Support Organizational Competitiveness, Connie Walker-Egea. Evaluating a Private Disability Program Using a Collaborative Approach, Wendy Bradshaw and Jeremy Lake. Utilizing Collaborative Evaluation in a Finance and Banking Corporation, Diep Thi Nguyen and Thanh Vinh Pham. Incorporating Collaborative Evaluation in a Diversity Business Program, Adam P. Denny, Eunkyung Na, and Michael Voris. PART II: NONPROFIT SECTOR. Introduction: The Model for Collaborative Evaluations in the Nonprofit Sector, Claudia Güerere and Tyler Hicks. Unlocking the Potential of Collaborative Evaluation to Increase Team Performance in a Nonprofit, James M. Wharton. Involving Communities through Collaborative Evaluation of a Health Promotion Program, Debra E. Thrower and Samuel Matos-Bastidas. Creating Opportunities in a Collaborative Evaluation of a Science Nonprofit Program, Chunhua Cao, Paromita De, Walter Rosales-Mejía, and Vanessa Vernaza Hernández. Engaging Youth and Adults in a Community Program through Collaborative Evaluation, Tiffany L. Young and Fayez Alshehri. PART III: EDUCATION SECTOR. Introduction: The Model for Collaborative Evaluations in the Education Sector, Julie Gloudemans and James Welsh. Using a Collaborative Approach in the Evaluation of a Graduate Program, Eun Kyeng Baek and SeriaShia Chatters. Using Collaboration to Reframe Evaluation of an After School Program, Aarti P. Bellara and Susan T. Hibbard. Implementing Collaborative Evaluation in a K–12 Setting, Harold Holmes and Sarah Mirlenbrink Bombly. Using a Collaborative Approach to Evaluate School-Family-Community Partnerships, Lynette M. Henry and Arthur Ray McCrory. Biographies.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- BUS074000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Nonprofit Organizations & Charities
- BUS000000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: General
- Democracy at a Crossroads Reconceptualizing Socio-Political Issues in Schools and Society
- EDUQUALITY Human Centered Quality Management in Education. A Model for Deployment, Assessment and Sustainability
- Learning with Lenin Selected Works on Education and Revolution
- Running with Scissors Leading in Uncertainty
- Selected Writings from the Journal of the Saskatchewan Mathematics Teachers' Society Celebrating 50 years (1961-2011) of Vinculum
- Transformative Learning in Healthcare and Helping Professions Education Building Resilient Professional Identities
- Transforming Public Education in Africa, the Caribbean, and the Middle East