Contemporary Challenges Confronting School Leaders
A volume in the series: Research and Theory in Educational Administration. Editor(s): Arnold Danzig, San José State University. William Black, University of South Florida.
Contemporary Challenges Confronting School Leaders is the eleventh in a series on research and theory dedicated to advancing our understanding of schools through empirical study and theoretical analysis. Consequently, the chapters include analyses that investigate relationships between school organizations and administrative practice that affect teacher and student effectiveness. This edition is organized around concepts that are significant to contemporary school leaders: student achievement and variables that contribute to it or influence achievement indirectly.
Preface. Instructional Capacity and Student Achievement: A Look Inside an Urban District, Curt M. Adams. Student Engagement and Achievement, Tony Frontier. The Influence of Academic Press on Students’ Mathematics and Reading Achievement, Roger D. Goddard, Christine Neumerski, and Serena Salloum. District Readiness to Support School Turnaround: A Case Study, Daniel Player. Collective Efficacy, Collegial Leadership, and a Culture of Trust: Predicting Academic Optimism and Overall Effectiveness, Julie A. Gray and C. John Tarter. Conceptualizing and Validating a Measure of Principal Support, Michael F. DiPaola. Theoretical and Empirical Evidence of the Importance of School Context in Fostering Identification With School, Roxanne M. Mitchell. Correlates of Pupils’ Sense of Futility in Primary Education in Flanders: The Role of the Teacher, Mieke Van Houtte, Dimitri Van Maele and Orhan Agirdag. Maximizing the Power of Decision Making: Ten Useful Concepts for School Leaders, Lauren Bailes and Amy Schrepfer-Tarter. Empirical Support for a Broadened Conception of Giftedness: Implications for School Leaders, Valija C. Rose. Parent Social Networks: A Resource to Shape Parent Responsibility, Katherine A. Curry and Curt M. Adams. Appendix. About the Contributors.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU032000 - EDUCATION: Leadership
- EDU008000 - EDUCATION: Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- EDU001000 - EDUCATION: ADMINISTRATION: General
- Analyzing School Contexts Influences of Principals and Teachers in the Service of Students
- Contemporary Issues in Educational Policy and School Outcomes
- Essential Ideas For The Reform of American Schools
- Improving Schools Studies in Leadership and Culture
- Leadership and School Quality
- Leading Research in Educational Administration A Festschrift for Wayne K. Hoy
- Studies in School Improvement