Definition and Glossary of Terms (Second Edition)
Distance Education has become a major topic of interest in the field of educational communications and technology. In response to this interest, the Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) published the first edition of Distance Education: Definition and Glossary of Terms in 2002.
The second edition of this monograph was begun in 2005. While the definition of distance education was changed only slightly, the glossary of terms was updated significantly under the supervision of Joann Flick and members of AECT’s Division of Distance Learning. The definition of distance education and much of the supporting narrative offered in this edition of Distance Education: Definition and Glossary of Terms is based on Teaching and Learning at a Distance: Foundations of Distance Education, 3rd. edition (2006). This information is used with permission.
Acknowledgments. Preface. Defining Distance Education. Emerging Definitions. A Brief History of Distance Education. Theory and Distance Education. Summary. Glossary of Terms. References. Additional Readings.
"Accolades are due to the authors as they have provided a straightforward reference guide on what constitutes distance education. ... Whether you are a novice or an expert in this field, the glossary of terms developed for the book should strike you as comprehensive and well defined." Glen Fogerty in Education Review
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- Contemporary Perspectives on Social Capital in Educational Contexts
- Curriculum and Teaching Dialogue Vol. 21 # 1 & 2
- Curriculum Windows What Curriculum Theorists of the 1950s Can Teach Us About Schools and Society Today
- Decolonizing Qualitative Approaches for and by the Caribbean
- Growing the Knowledge Base in Evaluation The Contributions of J. Bradley Cousins
- Selected Writings from the Journal of the Saskatchewan Mathematics Teachers' Society Celebrating 50 years (1961-2011) of Vinculum
- Visionary Evaluation for a Sustainable, Equitable Future