Distance Education 3rd Edition
Definition and Glossary of Terms
Glossary Compiled by Terry Hudgins, Nova Southeastern University
Distance education is defined as institution-based formal education where the learning group is separated, and where interactive telecommunications systems are used to connect learners, resources, and instructors. This definition is expanded on in the 2009 yearbook of the Encyclopaedia Britannica, which validates this definition of the field. Distance Education: Definition and Glossary of Terms, 3rd Edition is unique in that it packages the terms together under one cover making this rapidly advancing complex topic easier to comprehend. The book addresses the complexities of terminology used in the field of distance education. In a time where distance education is becoming widely utilized across the globe, this at-a-glace approach makes it easier than ever to respond to the growing demand and questions about this subject matter.
Preface. Part I Defining Distance Education. Emerging Definitions. A Brief History of Distance Education. Theory and Distance Education. Summary. Part II Distance Education Today and Tomorrow. The Effectiveness of Distance Education. What is Distance Education? Facts About Distance Education. Status of Distance Education. Summary. Part III The Focus of Distance Education Research. Learning Outcomes. Learner Perceptions. Learner Attributes. Interaction. Barriers to Distance Education. Distance Education Technology. Summary. Part IV Glossary of Terms. About the Authors.
"If you are teaching an online class, work as an instructional designer, or are at an institution that offers distance education, Distance Education is a must-read for the background information and as a reference when conversations about distance education arise." Diane Martinez Utah State University in Technical Communication
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- A Second Helping of Gumbo for the Soul More Liberating Stories and Memories to Inspire Females of Color
- Contemporary Perspectives in Data Mining Volume 4
- Curriculum and Teaching Dialogue Volume 22, Numbers 1 & 2, 2020
- Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment Intersecting New Needs and New Approaches
- Maximizing the Policy-Relevance of Research for School Improvement
- Research on Teaching Global Issues Pedagogy for Global Citizenship Education
- Researching Pedagogy and Practice with Canadian Mathematics Teachers