Elementary Mathematics in Context
These materials were developed, in part, by a grant from the federally-funded Mathematics and Science Partnership through the Center for STEM Education. Some of the activities were adapted from the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Illuminations, the National Library of Virtual Manipulatives, Hands-On Math Projects with Real Applications by Judith A. Muschla and Gary R. Muschla, Learning Math with Calculators: Activities for Grades 3-8 by Len Sparrow and Paul Swan, and Mathematical Ideas by Charles D. Miller, Vern E. Heeren and John Hornsby.
The following UNC Charlotte, Charlotte, North Carolina graduates contributed to the development of the work products: Anna Athanasopoulou, Stephen Chambers, Fabio Franco, Jen Krieger, Morgan Leith, Chris Muellenbach, Ashley Nagowski, Jamie Pursley, Brandy Reece, Lauren Selvey and Linda Xiong.
GRADE K Investigations, Unit 3: What Comes Next? Patterns and Functions. Investigations, Unit 6: How Many Do You Have? Addition, Subtraction and the Number System. GRADE 1 Investigations, Unit 7: Color, Shape and Number Patterns/Patterns and Functions. Investigations, Unit 8: Twos, Fives, and Tens: Addition, Subtraction and the Number System. GRADE 2 Investigations, Unit 5: How Many Floors? How Many Rooms? Patterns, Functions and Change. Investigations, Unit 7: Parts of a Whole, Parts of a Group/Fractions. GRADE 3 Investigations, Unit 6: Stories, Tables and Graphs/Patterns, Functions and Change. Investigations, Unit 8: How Many Hundreds? How Many Miles? Addition, Subtraction and the Number System. GRADE 4 Investigations, Unit 4: Landmarks and Large Numbers: Addition, Subtraction and the Number System Investigations, Unit 9: Penny Jars And Plant Growth: Patterns, Functions and Change. GRADE 5 Investigations, Unit 4: What’s that Portion? Fractions and Percent. Investigations, Unit 5: Growth Patterns—Patterns, Functions and Change. References.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU010000 - EDUCATION: Elementary
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- EDU029010 - EDUCATION: TEACHING METHODS & MATERIALS: Mathematics
- Contemporary Perspectives in Data Mining Volume 4
- Curriculum and Teaching Dialogue Volume 22, Numbers 1 & 2, 2020
- Curriculum Windows What Curriculum Theorists of the 2000s Can Teach Us About Schools and Society Today
- Educational Research and Schooling in Rural Europe An Engagement with Changing Patterns of Education, Space and Place
- Maximizing the Policy-Relevance of Research for School Improvement
- Movies and Moral Dilemma Discussions A Practical Guide to Cinema Based Character Development
- Out-of-School-Time STEM Programs for Females Implications for Research and Practice Volume II: Short-Term Programs