Elementary Mathematics in Context
These materials were developed, in part, by a grant from the federally-funded Mathematics and Science Partnership through the Center for STEM Education. Some of the activities were adapted from the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Illuminations, the National Library of Virtual Manipulatives, Hands-On Math Projects with Real Applications by Judith A. Muschla and Gary R. Muschla, Learning Math with Calculators: Activities for Grades 3-8 by Len Sparrow and Paul Swan, and Mathematical Ideas by Charles D. Miller, Vern E. Heeren and John Hornsby.
The following UNC Charlotte, Charlotte, North Carolina graduates contributed to the development of the work products: Anna Athanasopoulou, Stephen Chambers, Fabio Franco, Jen Krieger, Morgan Leith, Chris Muellenbach, Ashley Nagowski, Jamie Pursley, Brandy Reece, Lauren Selvey and Linda Xiong.
GRADE K Investigations, Unit 3: What Comes Next? Patterns and Functions. Investigations, Unit 6: How Many Do You Have? Addition, Subtraction and the Number System. GRADE 1 Investigations, Unit 7: Color, Shape and Number Patterns/Patterns and Functions. Investigations, Unit 8: Twos, Fives, and Tens: Addition, Subtraction and the Number System. GRADE 2 Investigations, Unit 5: How Many Floors? How Many Rooms? Patterns, Functions and Change. Investigations, Unit 7: Parts of a Whole, Parts of a Group/Fractions. GRADE 3 Investigations, Unit 6: Stories, Tables and Graphs/Patterns, Functions and Change. Investigations, Unit 8: How Many Hundreds? How Many Miles? Addition, Subtraction and the Number System. GRADE 4 Investigations, Unit 4: Landmarks and Large Numbers: Addition, Subtraction and the Number System Investigations, Unit 9: Penny Jars And Plant Growth: Patterns, Functions and Change. GRADE 5 Investigations, Unit 4: What’s that Portion? Fractions and Percent. Investigations, Unit 5: Growth Patterns—Patterns, Functions and Change. References.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU010000 - EDUCATION: Elementary
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- EDU029010 - EDUCATION: TEACHING METHODS & MATERIALS: Mathematics
- American Educational History Journal Volume 45 # 1 & 2
- Curriculum and Teaching Dialogue Vol. 20 # 1 & 2
- Hacking Education in a Digital Age Teacher Education, Curriculum, and Literacies
- Innovation and Implementation in Rural Places School-University-Community Collaboration in Education
- Preparing Middle Level Educators for 21st Century Schools Enduring Beliefs, Changing Times, Evolving Practices
- Transformative Pedagogies for Teacher Education Moving Towards Critical Praxis in an Era of Change
- Visions from Professional Development School Partners Connecting Professional Development and Clinical Practice