The First Sourcebook on Nordic Research in Mathematics Education
Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Denmark and contributions from Finland
Bharath Sriraman, University of Montana
Christer Bergsten, Linkoepings Universitet, Sweden
Simon Goodchild, University of Agder, Norway
Gudbjorg Palsdottir, University of Iceland
Bettina Dahl Søndergaard, Aarhus University, Denmark
Lenni Haapasalo, University of Eastern Finland
A volume in the series: International Sourcebooks in Mathematics and Science Education. Editor(s): Bharath Sriraman, University of Montana.
The First Sourcebook on Nordic Research in Mathematics Education: Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Denmark and contributions from Finland provides the first comprehensive and unified treatment of historical and contemporary research trends in mathematics education in the Nordic world. The book is organized in sections co-ordinated by active researchers in mathematics education in Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Denmark, and Finland. The purpose of this sourcebook is to synthesize and survey the established body of research in these countries with findings that have influenced ongoing research agendas, informed practice, framed curricula and policy. The sections for each country also include historical articles in addition to exemplary examples of recently conducted research oriented towards the future. The book will serve as a standard reference for mathematics education researchers, policy makers, practitioners and students both in and outside the Nordic countries.
This Sourcebook includes over 50 chapters from the Nordic world. Section I- Norwegian Research in Mathematics Education. Section Editor: Simon Goodchild. Introduction to the Norwegian part of the Sourcebook of Nordic Research in Mathematics Education. Simon Goodchild. The development of mathematics education as a research field in Norway – an insider’s personal reflections, Trygve Breiteig and Simon Goodchild. Section II- Swedish Research in Mathematics Education. Section Editor: Christer Bergsten. Mathematics education research in Sweden - An introduction. Christer Bergsten. Some theoretical orientations of Swedish research: Learning difficulties and mathematical reasoning. Johan Lithner and Torulf Palm. Section III - Icelandic Research in Mathematics Education. Section Editors: Guðbjörg Pálsdóttir, Bharath Sriraman. Mathematics Education in Iceland: Explaining the Non-homogeneity in a Homogenous System, Guðný Helga Gunnarsdóttir, Guðbjörg Pálsdóttir, Bharath Sriraman. The History of Public Education in Mathematics in Iceland and its Relations to Secondary Education, Kristín Bjarnadóttir. Section IV - Danish Research in Mathematics Education. Section Editors: Bettina Dahl, Bharath Sriraman. Section V- Contributions from Finland. Section Editor: Lenni Haapasalo.
> Press release about the book, from Agder, Norway.
Web price: $254.99 (Reg. 299.99)
Web price: $339.99 (Reg. 399.99)
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- EDU029010 - EDUCATION: TEACHING METHODS & MATERIALS: Mathematics
- MAT030000 - MATHEMATICS: Study & Teaching
- Abstracts of The First Sourcebook on Asian Research in Mathematics Education China, Korea, Singapore, Japan, Malaysia and India
- American Educational History Journal Volume 45 # 1 & 2
- Curriculum and Teaching Dialogue Vol. 20 # 1 & 2
- Hacking Education in a Digital Age Teacher Education, Curriculum, and Literacies
- Preparing Middle Level Educators for 21st Century Schools Enduring Beliefs, Changing Times, Evolving Practices
- Selected Writings from the Journal of the Saskatchewan Mathematics Teachers' Society Celebrating 50 years (1961-2011) of Vinculum
- The First Sourcebook on Asian Research in Mathematics Education - 2 Volumes China, Korea, Singapore, Japan, Malaysia and India