Funding Public Schools in the United States and Indian Country
David C. Thompson, Kansas State University
R. Craig Wood, University of Florida
S. Craig Neuenswander, Kansas State Department of Education
John M. Heim, Kansas Association of School Boards
Randy D. Watson, Commissioner of Education, State of Kansas
The National Education Finance Academy (NEFA) has completed a project providing a one- of-a-kind practical book on funding P-12 education in the United States. The book, entitled Funding Public Schools in the United States and Indian Country is a single volume with a clear and short chapter about each state. Approximately 50% of chapters are authored by university faculty who are members of NEFA; approximately 25% of chapters are authored by state department of education officials and/or state school board association officials; and the remaining 25% of chapters are authored by ASBO affiliate states.
Each chapter contains information about:
• Each state’s aid formula background;
• Basic support program description and operation (the state aid formula) including how school aid is apportioned (e.g., state appropriations, local tax contributions, cost share ratios, and more);
• Supplemental funding options relating to how school districts raise funds attached to or above the regular state aid scheme;
• Compensatory programs operated in school districts and how those are funded and aided;
• Categorical programs operated in school districts and how those are funded and aided;
• Any funding supports for transportation operations;
• Any funding supports for physical facilities and operations; and
• Other state aids not covered in the above list.
Foreword. Acknowledgments. Alabama, Philip Westbrook. Alaska, Amy Lujan. Arizona, Daniel W. Eadens. Arkansas, Kevin P. Brady and Steve Bounds. California, Ann E. Blankenship-Knox, Paul C. Jessup, and Robert W. Blattner. Colorado, Spencer C. Weiler. Connecticut, Lesley A. DeNardis. Delaware, Staff Writer. District of Columbia, Michael C. Petko. Florida, R. Craig Wood and Robert C. Knoeppel. Georgia, Marvin L. Dereef Jr. and Larry O. Jackson. Hawai’i, Staff Writer. Idaho, Staff Writer. Illinois, Michael A. Jacoby, Benjamin Boer, and Melissa Figueira. Indiana, Marilyn A. Hirth. Indian Country, Alex RedCorn, Meredith L. McCoy, and Hollie J. Mackey. Iowa, Patti Schroeder and Shawn Snyder. Kansas, David C. Thompson, S. Craig Neuenswander, John Heim, and Randy D. Watson. Kentucky, William E. Thro. Louisiana, Janet M. Pope, Dannie P. Garrett, III, and Markey W. Pierré. Maine, Staff Writer. Maryland, Laura Checovich and Jennifer Rice King. Massachusetts, Glenn Koocher. Michigan, Brett Geier. Minnesota, Nicola Alexander. Mississippi, Judy Rhodes. Missouri, Staff Writer. Montana, Christiana Stoddard. Nebraska, Joel Applegate, Bryce Wilson, and Jeffrey Zacharakis. Nevada, Staff Writer. New Hampshire, Staff Writer. New Jersey, Luke J. Stedrak. New Mexico, Staff Writer. New York, Brian O. Brent and Karen J. DeAngelis. North Carolina, Eric A. Houck and Kyle Abbott. North Dakota, Jerry Coleman. Ohio, Barbara M. De Luca. Oklahoma, Jeffrey Maiden and Shawn Hime. Oregon, Angie Peterman. Pennsylvania, Andrew L. Armagost and Timothy J. Shrom. Rhode Island, Ken Wagner. South Carolina, Henry Tran and Mazen Aziz. South Dakota, Wade Pogany, Matt Flett, and Tyler Pickner. Tennessee, Lisa G. Driscoll. Texas, Lynn M. Moak and Mary P. McKeown-Moak. Utah, W. Bryan Bowles and Robert W. Smith. Vermont, Susan B. Holson and Nicole Mace. Virginia, William Owings and Leslie S. Kaplan. Washington, Staff Writer. West Virginia, Keith A. Butcher. Wisconsin, Faith E. Crampton. Wyoming, Brian Farmer.
Web price: $63.74 (Reg. 74.99)
Web price: $107.09 (Reg. 125.99)
- EDU001000 - EDUCATION: ADMINISTRATION: General
- EDU013000 - EDUCATION: Finance
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- American Educational History Journal Volume 46 #1 & 2
- CONFLUENCES Intercultural Journeying in Research and Teaching From Hermeneutics to a Changing World Order
- Convictions of Conscience How Voices From the Margins Inform Public Actions and Educational Leadership
- Curriculum and Teaching Dialogue Vol. 21 # 1 & 2
- Curriculum Windows What Curriculum Theorists of the 1950s Can Teach Us About Schools and Society Today
- From Disagreement to Discourse A Chronicle of Controversies in Schooling and Education
- Who Controls the Preparation of Education Administrators?