An Economic, Social, and Environmental Perspective
The GLOBAL BUSINESS: An Economic, Social, and Environmental Perspective is the 2nd edition of the book titled “Foundations of International Business” published by Information Age Publishing, Inc. in 2015. We have approached the 2nd edition from a forward looking perspective by incorporating economic, social, and environmental issues, which have strong links to stakeholders and are guided by the Triple Bottom-Line (TBL) concept. A TBL approach emphasizes the importance of Profit, People, and Planet, or PPP.
The Triple Bottom Line concept is highlighted throughout each chapter. Successful Multinational Enterprises (MNEs) are increasingly linking the company’s profit maximization goal (the economic or Profit maximization components) to the social well-being of the community and corporate social responsibility initiatives of the firm (the social or People components), as well as the environmental consideration of scarce resources, climate change and sustainability (the environmental or Planet component). This approach enables readers to assess global business opportunities and risks in a comprehensive and integral manner. We also have made important modifications in terms of content organization of this book, as described below.
Introduction. Acknowledgments. SECTION I: GLOBAL AND ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENTS CHAPTER ONE: Globalization. CHAPTER TWO: The Global Economic Environment. CHAPTER THREE: Trade Theories and the Role of Governments in Trade. CHAPTER FOUR: Global Financial System and Risk. SECTION II: POLITICAL, CULTURAL AND ETHICAL ENVIRONMENTS CHAPTER FIVE: Political and Legal Environments. CHAPTER SIX: Cultural and Social Environments. CHAPTER SEVEN: Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility. SECTION III: FIRM-LEVEL MANAGEMENT CHAPTER EIGHT: International Business Strategy. CHAPTER NINE: Entry Into a Foreign Market. CHAPTER TEN: The Internationalization Process of the Firm. CHAPTER ELEVEN: Cross-Cultural Management. SECTION IV: CURRENT ISSUES IN GLOBAL BUSINESS CHAPTER TWELVE: Environmental Changes and Global Business. CHAPTER THIRTEEN: Disruptive Innovation and International Business. CHAPTER FOURTEEN: Sustainability, Social Enterprise and Impact Investment. About the Authors.
Web price: $45.04 (Reg. 52.99)
Web price: $80.74 (Reg. 94.99)
- BUS035000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: INTERNATIONAL: General
- BUS020000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: DEVELOPMENT: Business Development
- BUS069020 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: INTERNATIONAL: Economics
- Asia Pacific Education Leadership, Governance and Administration
- European Entrepreneurship Research and Practice A Multifaceted Effort Towards Integration of Different Perspectives
- Global Issues and Talent Development Perspectives from Countries Around the World
- Marketing of Healthcare Organizations Technologies of Public-Private Partnership
- Multi-Sector Partnerships for the Public Good
- The Dialogical Challenge of Leadership Development
- The Entrepreneurship SIG at the European Academy of Management Setting the Base for Tomorrow's Challenges