Hearts and Minds Without Fear
Unmasking the Sacred in Teacher Preparation
A volume in the series: The Center for PAInT Series on Arts-integrated Education. Editor(s): Brianne L. Reck, University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee.
Hearts and Minds Without Fear: Unmasking the Sacred in Teacher Preparation is the first book of its kind that focuses on the critical urgency of integrating creativity, mindfulness, and compassion in which social and ecological justice are forefronted in teacher preparation. This is especially significant at a time of cultural turmoil, educational reform, and inequities in public education. The book serves as a vehicle to unmask fear within current educational ethical deficiencies and revitalize hope for community members, teacher educators, pre-service, in-service teachers, and families in school communities. The recipients of these strategies are explicitly presented in order to build understanding of a compassionate paradigm shift in schools that envisions possibility and social imagination on behalf of our children in schools and our communities. The authors unabashedly place the arts and aesthetics at the core of the educational paradigm solution. The book lives its own message. Within each seed chapter, the authors practice authentically what they preach, offering a refreshing perspective to bring our schools back to life and instill hope in children’s and educators’ hearts and minds.
Forward by Dr. Brianne Reck. Prologue: Love of Children Lost & Found for Teacher Educators. Chapter One: Seed of Play. Chapter Two: Seed of Hope. Chapter Three: Seed of Voice. Chapter Four: Seed of Change. Chapter Five: Seed of Unmasking. Chapter Six: Seed of Inner Awareness. Chapter Seven: Seed of Freedom. Chapter Eight: Seed of Love.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- EDU014000 - EDUCATION: COUNSELING: Academic Development
- EDU040000 - EDUCATION: Philosophy & Social Aspects
- Advancing the Global Agenda for Human Rights, Vulnerable Populations, and Environmental Sustainability
- At the Schoolhouse Gate Stakeholder Perceptions of First Amendment Rights and Responsibilities in U.S. Public Schools
- Lessons for Creating a Culture of Character and Peace in Your Classroom A Playbook for Teachers
- Middle Grades Research Journal Volume 13 #1
- Snapshots of History Portraits of the 21st Century Pandemic
- Social Media Influences on Education
- Trauma in Adult and Higher Education Conversations and Critical Reflections