The Definition and Domains of the Field
The Association officially endorses this definition of Instructional Technology which has been developed over three years by the Committee on Definition and Terminology. The Association recognizes that other theoretical frameworks exist and that these are valid, but believes that these are part of the more inclusive theoretical framework of Instructional Technology used in this definition. In making this definition and the document explaining it available, we hope to help other organizations clarify their relationship to the broad field of Instructional Technology. Although the Association offers this definition as its current position, it is committed to a continuous reevaluation of the definition and to revising and publishing it so that it reflects changing concepts and terminology.
A document of this magnitude can only be produced as the result of the dedication and effort of the persons who formed the committee and of its chairperson, Barbara Seels and her collaborator, Rita C. Richey. Without their energies, skill, perseverance, and willingness to risk stating their perceptions in this format we could not have offered this document. Whether or not we agree with the statements presented here, they will provide a benchmark and a point of dialogue for further development of a profession which seeks to provide conditions for effective learning.
Acknowledgments. Preface. Foreword. Chapter 1: The 1994 Definition of the Field. Chapter 2: The Domains of the Field. Chapter 3: The Sources of Influence on Instructional Technology. Chapter 4: The Practice of Instructional Technology. Chapter 5: Implications of the Definition of Instructional Technology. Glossary of Terms. Appendices. References. Author Index. Subject Index.
- EDU039000 - EDUCATION: Computers & Technology
- COM032000 - COMPUTERS: Information Technology
- EDU001000 - EDUCATION: ADMINISTRATION: General
- Application of Artificial Intelligence to Assessment
- Contemporary Perspectives on Social Capital in Educational Contexts
- Convictions of Conscience How Voices From the Margins Inform Public Actions and Educational Leadership
- The Contemporary Superintendent (R)Evolutionary Leadership in an Era of Reform
- The Middle-Level Teacher Technology Guidebook 20 Questions and 260 Answers
- Transforming Public Education in Africa, the Caribbean, and the Middle East
- Who Controls the Preparation of Education Administrators?