Learning to Learn with Integrative Learning Technologies (ILT)
A Practical Guide for Academic Success (Chinese Edition)
The purpose of this practical guide is to facilitate college students’ academic success by fostering self-regulated learning skills or learning to learn through the use of Integrative Learning Technologies (ILT). It enables the college instructor, online instructor, instructional developer, or educator to envision, plan for, and implement customized instructional and curricular designs that foster learning to learn and motivate students to take ownership of their own learning.
Specifically, this book demonstrates how college faculty who use Learning Management Systems (LMS) as well as emerging technologies such as Web 2.0 applications and social software can design learning tasks and course assignments that support and promote student:
• goal setting
• use of effective task strategies
• self-monitoring and self-evaluation
• time management
• help seeking
• motivation and affect
Given the emphasis on retention of freshmen as a measure of institutional effectiveness, the focus on student success, and the increasing use of ILT in higher education, this book fulfills a dire need in the literature on the integration of technology and self-regulated learning.
Preface. 1 Introduction to Learning How to Learn. 2 Defining Integrative Learning Technologies. 3 Self-Regulatory Training with Integrative Learning Technologies: A Theory-Based Model. 4 Goal Setting. 5 Task Strategies. 6 Self-Monitoring and Self-Evaluation. 7 Time Management. 8 Help Seeking. 9 Motivation, Affect, and Learning Communities. 10 New Approaches to Integrative Learning Technologies.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- Cultural Impact on Conflict Management in Higher Education
- Curriculum and Teaching Dialogue Vol. 20 # 1 & 2
- International Perspectives on Leading Low-Performing Schools
- Leaps of Faith Stories from Working-Class Scholars
- Rural Turnaround Leadership Development The Power of Partnerships
- Selected Writings from the Journal of the Saskatchewan Mathematics Teachers' Society Celebrating 50 years (1961-2011) of Vinculum
- Service-Learning to Advance Access & Success Bridging Institutional and Community Capacity