Liberating Scholarly Writing
The Power of Personal Narrative
This book provides an alternative to the more conventional modes of qualitative and quantitative inquiry currently used in professional training programs, particularly in education. It features a very accessible presentation that combines application, rationale, critique, and inspiration—and is itself an example of this kind of writing.
It teaches students how to use personal writing in order to analyze, explicate, and advance their ideas. And it encourages minority students, women, and others to find and express their authentic voices by teaching them to use their own lives as primary resources for their scholarship.
Foreword. Acknowledgments. CHAPTER 1: Personal Narrative Writing Matters. CHAPTER 2: What Is Scholarly Personal Narrative Writing? CHAPTER 3: Tentative Guidelines for Writing Scholarly Personal Narratives. CHAPTER 4: Narratives of Transition and Self-Empowerment. CHAPTER 5: Narratives of Authenticity and Connection. CHAPTER 6: Writing Ourselves as Educators and Scholars: Controversies and Challenges. CHAPTER 7: A Philosophical Case for Methodological Pluralism in Educational Scholarship. Notes. Bibliography. Recommended Books on Writing. About the Author.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU029080 - EDUCATION: TEACHING METHODS & MATERIALS: Language Arts
- LAN005000 - LANGUAGE ARTS & DISCIPLINES: Composition & Creative Writing
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- American Educational History Journal Volume 46 #1 & 2
- CONFLUENCES Intercultural Journeying in Research and Teaching From Hermeneutics to a Changing World Order
- Curriculum and Teaching Dialogue Vol. 21 # 1 & 2
- Curriculum Windows What Curriculum Theorists of the 1950s Can Teach Us About Schools and Society Today
- Expanding Literacy Practices Across Multiple Modes and Languages for Multilingual Students
- From Disagreement to Discourse A Chronicle of Controversies in Schooling and Education
- Selected Writings from the Journal of the Saskatchewan Mathematics Teachers' Society Celebrating 50 years (1961-2011) of Vinculum