Liberating Scholarly Writing
The Power of Personal Narrative
In Press 2019
This book provides an alternative to the more conventional modes of qualitative and quantitative inquiry currently used in professional training programs, particularly in education. It features a very accessible presentation that combines application, rationale, critique, and inspiration—and is itself an example of this kind of writing.
It teaches students how to use personal writing in order to analyze, explicate, and advance their ideas. And it encourages minority students, women, and others to find and express their authentic voices by teaching them to use their own lives as primary resources for their scholarship.
Foreword. Acknowledgments. CHAPTER 1: Personal Narrative Writing Matters. CHAPTER 2: What Is Scholarly Personal Narrative Writing? CHAPTER 3: Tentative Guidelines for Writing Scholarly Personal Narratives. CHAPTER 4: Narratives of Transition and Self-Empowerment. CHAPTER 5: Narratives of Authenticity and Connection. CHAPTER 6: Writing Ourselves as Educators and Scholars: Controversies and Challenges. CHAPTER 7: A Philosophical Case for Methodological Pluralism in Educational Scholarship. Notes. Bibliography. Recommended Books on Writing. About the Author.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU029080 - EDUCATION: TEACHING METHODS & MATERIALS: Language Arts
- LAN005000 - LANGUAGE ARTS & DISCIPLINES: Composition & Creative Writing
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- EDUQUALITY Human Centered Quality Management in Education. A Model for Deployment, Assessment and Sustainability
- Expanding Literacy Practices Across Multiple Modes and Languages for Multilingual Students
- Learning with Lenin Selected Works on Education and Revolution
- Read Aloud Handbook for Native American Children
- Selected Writings from the Journal of the Saskatchewan Mathematics Teachers' Society Celebrating 50 years (1961-2011) of Vinculum
- Transforming Public Education in Africa, the Caribbean, and the Middle East
- Transforming Schooling for Second Language Learners Theoretical Insights, Policies, Pedagogies, and Practices