Lift Every Voice
Radford University Teacher Education Students
A volume in the series: Urban Education Studies Series. Editor(s): Nicholas D. Hartlep, Berea College. Thandeka K. Chapman, University of California, San Diego.
Radford University was founded as a Normal School for teachers in 1910 and has remained a leader in teacher education ever since. Today, the School of Teacher Education and Leadership is defined by our strong partnerships with public schools and our diverse programs that prepare teachers and administrators to serve children from birth through high school. The voices of undergraduate students are often silenced and omitted from scholarly literature beyond serving participants in research studies. This volume legitimizes the voices and life experiences of Radford University undergraduate teacher education students as emerging authorities on the subject of teacher education. Contributors employ a critical storytelling methodology to illuminate the ways in which classroom practices of teachers impacted them academically, socially, and emotionally. The editors hope that these stories, anecdotes, and analysis will be valuable to preservice and classroom teachers who are engaged in educating Pre-K through 12 students.
Foreword: Bill Ayers. Preface, Antonio L. Ellis. Harmonies and Melodies, Victoria Branscome. My Experience Observing a Second Grade Class, Elizabeth Mary. Identifying Influential Teachers Through a Student's Perspective, Shyheim Woods. Teachers Promoting Growth Beyond Standardized Testing, Kaylee Golder. Dr. Stirling Barfield: An Instant Role Model, Madison F. Keaton. Mrs. Leona K. Brown, What an Extraordinary Teacher Looks Like, Allison G. Brown. How a First Grade Teacher Changed My Life, Joleigh Helton. Ms. Hart and Mrs. Gilbert: The Inspirations of a Future Teacher, Taylor Poff. The Impact of a Teacher, Brooke E. Kelly. A Teacher’s Love, Compassion, and Influence, Christian R. Worley. Successful Teachers: Looking Beyond Academics, Maddison Parrish. Inspired by an African American Male English Teacher, Jabin Walker. Overcoming the Hardships of My Early Education, Katherine L. Wagoner. My K-12 Experiences: A Qualitative Analysis, Jada Turner. The Affect a Committed Teacher Has on Students, Jenna Staton. The Presence of Ms. Miller: Teacher as a Caregiver, Britney Conner. Teachers Impact on my Life’s Trajectory, Jacob Mays. Comparative Analysis of Two Teachers, Kelcie Lemons. Teachers as Influencers, Alexis Ellis. About the Editors and Authors. Index.
- This title is in development and is not yet available to order online. Please call the IAP office for more information: 704.752.9125
- Better Principals, Better Schools What Star Principals Know, Believe, and Do
- Better Teachers, Better Schools What Star Teachers Know, Believe, and Do
- Black Males Matter A Blueprint for Creating School and Classroom Environments to Support Their Academic and Social Development - A Sourcebook
- Catalytic Improvement Communities Cultivating Flourishing Schools
- Colluding, Colliding, and Contending with Norms of Whiteness
- Intersectionality and Urban Education Identities, Policies, Spaces & Power
- Through the Fog Towards Inclusive Anti-Racist Teaching