Literacy Instruction for Students with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
Research-Based Interventions for Classroom Practice
The purpose of Literacy Instruction for Students with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders: Research-Based Interventions for Classroom Practice is to provide educators with effective, research-based interventions to improve the literacy skills of students with emotional and behavioral disorders (EBD) in K-12 classrooms. This book identifies, defines, and describes a number of research-based literacy interventions, and discusses their effectiveness as supports for students with EBD. Also included are examples of and guidance for how educators can implement the interventions in the classroom. Topics on integrating the use of technology-based instruction, culturally and linguistically diverse learners, and considerations for working with students with EBD in alternative educational settings are discussed as well.
Literacy Instruction for Students with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders: A Developing Knowledge Base and Call for Further Inquiry, Kathleen Lynne Lane, David James Royer, and Wendy Peia Oakes. Teaching Key Reading Skills, Deborah K. Reed, Leah M. Zimmermann, and Anna Gibbs. Direct Instruction Reading, Lauren W. Collins, Timothy J. Landrum, and Chris A. Sweigart. Repeated Reading, Alexandra A. Miller and William J. Therrien. Peer-Mediated Instruction, Shannon Nemer McCullough, Jessica Wright, and Kevin S. Sutherland. Graphic Organizers, Alicia A. Stewart and Sharon Vaughn. Self-Regulated Strategy Development, Justin D. Garwood, Linda H. Mason, and Carlos E. Lavin. Technology-Based Instruction, J. Ron Nelson and Samantha Cooper. Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Learners, Amanda L. Yurick, Alana Telesman, and Gwendolyn Cartledge. Alternative Educational Settings, Brian R. Barber and Joseph Calvin Gagnon. About the Editors. About the Contributors.
Web price: $45.04 (Reg. 52.99)
Web price: $80.74 (Reg. 94.99)
- EDU009000 - EDUCATION: Educational Psychology
- EDU049000 - EDUCATION: Behavioral Management
- EDU026050 - EDUCATION: Special Social Disabilities
- Developing Trauma-Informed Teachers Creating Classrooms that Foster Equity, Resiliency, and Asset-Based Approaches: Reflections on Curricula and Program Implementation
- Educating in Ethics Across the Professions A Compendium of Research, Theory, Practice, and an Agenda for the Future
- Higher Education for the People Critical Contemplative Methods of Liberatory Practice
- Hope for the Embattled Language Classroom Pedagogies for Well-Being and Trauma Healing
- Real Talk Promoting Social Justice in Education and Psychology Through Difficult Dialogues
- Teaching Learning for Effective Instruction
- Teaching to Prepare Advocates