Pick The Card For Your Success
A Guidebook for Students in Higher Education who are American, International, or Studying Abroad.
A wizard waves his wand, a magician produces a rabbit, a fairy godmother casts her spells; the magic of mentoring comes from connections! Ask a person you respect, “How did you get to where you are today?” Chances are there were important people who guided them in their learning and on their career path. Mentors make significant impacts on lives. Institutions of higher education and corporations strive to employ communities of teachers, coaches and mentors who are motivated to develop their students and employees into intelligent, productive individuals. While other books address the needs of the mentor, this book helps university students take action to create a solid working plan to achieve this important bond.
Mentoring Magic: Pick the Card for Your Success is a step-by-step guidebook for students in higher education who desire to develop their skill in a particular area of interest, gain practical experience in an industry, and meet people who can help guide them to a successful career upon graduation. Students who are in courses such as Professional Seminar or initial classes for freshman, international students, and those studying abroad will find engaging stories and specific guidance. Why mentors are needed, how to find a mentor, and how to sustain the relationship throughout future careers is clearly explained. Demystify the magic of mentoring for future success.
Foreword. Acknowledgements. 1 Mentoring Connections. 2 Networking Through Mentoring. 3 International Students. 4 Studying Abroad Success. 5 Link to Your Future. A Mentee Profile. B Mentor Profile. Web Resources. References. About the Authors.
- Adult Intentions, Student Perceptions How Restorative Justice is Used in Schools to Control and to Engage
- Changing the Narrative Socially Just Leadership Education
- Cultural Impact on Conflict Management in Higher Education
- Leaps of Faith Stories from Working-Class Scholars
- Recruiting, Retaining, and Engaging African-American Males at Selective Public Research Universities Challenges and Opportunities in Academics and Sports
- Service-Learning to Advance Access & Success Bridging Institutional and Community Capacity
- Social and Emotional Learning in Out-Of-School Time Foundations and Futures