Pick The Card For Your Success
A Guidebook for Students in Higher Education who are American, International, or Studying Abroad.
A wizard waves his wand, a magician produces a rabbit, a fairy godmother casts her spells; the magic of mentoring comes from connections! Ask a person you respect, “How did you get to where you are today?” Chances are there were important people who guided them in their learning and on their career path. Mentors make significant impacts on lives. Institutions of higher education and corporations strive to employ communities of teachers, coaches and mentors who are motivated to develop their students and employees into intelligent, productive individuals. While other books address the needs of the mentor, this book helps university students take action to create a solid working plan to achieve this important bond.
Mentoring Magic: Pick the Card for Your Success is a step-by-step guidebook for students in higher education who desire to develop their skill in a particular area of interest, gain practical experience in an industry, and meet people who can help guide them to a successful career upon graduation. Students who are in courses such as Professional Seminar or initial classes for freshman, international students, and those studying abroad will find engaging stories and specific guidance. Why mentors are needed, how to find a mentor, and how to sustain the relationship throughout future careers is clearly explained. Demystify the magic of mentoring for future success.
Foreword. Acknowledgements. 1 Mentoring Connections. 2 Networking Through Mentoring. 3 International Students. 4 Studying Abroad Success. 5 Link to Your Future. A Mentee Profile. B Mentor Profile. Web Resources. References. About the Authors.
- Developing Culturally Responsive Learning Environments in Postsecondary Education
- Faculty Learning Communities Communities of Practice that Support, Inspire, Engage and Transform Higher Education Classrooms
- Faculty Learning Communities Working Towards a More Equitable, Just, and Antiracist Future in Higher Education
- Faculty Peer Coaching in Higher Education Opportunities, Explorations, and Research from the Field
- Latinx College Students Innovations in Mental Health, Advocacy, and Social Justice Programs
- Navigating the Ubiquitous, Misunderstood, and Evolving Role of the Educational Leadership Program Coordinator in Higher Education
- Taking Action Creating Sustainable Change in Student Affairs