Moments that Matter in the Learning and Development of Children
Reflections from Educators
A volume in the series: Contemporary Research in Education. Editor(s): Terry Osborn, University of South Florida.
Moments that Matter in the Learning and Development of Children: Reflections from Educators explores the significant moments that unfold for young people in their schooling from the perspectives of teachers and school staff. Educators often reflect on “moments” as being a critical piece of their work with children. They can help make things better for students and produce a difference in lives. They are meaningful for young people, as well as consequential for teachers and school staff as they reflect on the outcomes of their efforts. Yet, as they are difficult to define and capture, these moments often are not studied for the value they offer. This book promotes awareness of these moments, as well as their connected meanings and possibilities. Recognizing the significance of moments extends an opportunity to situate schooling in broader contexts and to understand learners as whole embodied beings, engaged in social interactions, making sense of their surrounding world, and generating transformations in it. When educators reflect deeply about the possibilities connected to the moments they share with children, they recognize the multitude of opportunities that support their learning and development. They become “awake” to some of moments’ promises.
Introduction. CHAPTER 1: The Indeterminacy and Timeframe of Moments That Matter. CHAPTER 2: Mindfulness as a Way to Generate Moments That Matter. CHAPTER 3: Sharing Oneself, Becoming Real in Complex Contexts. CHAPTER 4: Child Development and the Holism of Moments That Matter. CHAPTER 5: Connections With Pedagogy and Curriculum. CHAPTER 6: Interconnectedness and Involving Others. CHAPTER 7: Navigation and Impact of Moments That Matter. CHAPTER 8: Interactive Component of Moments That Matter. for Teachers and School Staff. Conclusion. References. About the Author.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU046000 - EDUCATION: Professional Development
- EDU059000 - EDUCATION: Teacher & Student Mentoring
- EDU029000 - EDUCATION: TEACHING METHODS & MATERIALS: General
- Celluloid Blackboard Teaching History with Film
- Comparative Studies in Educational Policy Analysis
- Inquiry in the Classroom Realities and Opportunities
- Marginalized Literacies Critical Literacy in the Language Arts Classroom
- Normalites The First Professionally Prepared Teachers in the United States
- Partnerships for Leadership Preparation and Development Facilitators, Barriers and Models for Change
- Transforming Schools Alternative Perspectives on School Reform