More than a Curriculum
Education for Peace and Development
Johan Galtung, Founder, TRANSCEND: A Peace Development Environment Network
S. P. Udayakumar, Founder: South Asian Community Center for Education and Research
A volume in the series: Peace Education. Editor(s): Laura L. Finley, Barry University. Robin Cooper, Nova Southeastern University.
Exploring the field of peace education, the bulk of the book analyzes and critically evaluates contemporary schools and universities. Providing some successful and not-so-successful alternative school and university projects and experiments, the book proposes peace and development education as a life process and presents a whole array of non-conventional tools and approaches.
The unique feature of the book is that instead of putting emphasis on teaching peace and development, it insists on being and becoming what we teach. It makes a great textbook for education courses and programs, and a good handbook for peace educators and peace researchers around the world.
The authors of the book are two teachers who are not attached to any regular educational institution anywhere in the world and are qualified to say what they have said in the book. The two authors have played significant, instrumental roles in promoting peace studies.
Preface Introduction More than a Curriculum 1. Education for and with Peace: Is it Possible? 2. Schools and Universities: Obstacles or Facilities? 3. Schools and Universities: Some Experiments 4. Education Through and Throughout Life 5. Education for Peace and Development
Web price: $45.04 (Reg. 52.99)
Web price: $80.74 (Reg. 94.99)
- EDU003000 - EDUCATION: Aims & Objectives
- EDU007000 - EDUCATION: Curricula
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- Coronavirus and Vulnerable People Addressing the Divide in Harm and Responses and Exploring Implications for a More Peaceful World
- Difficult Discussions Issues and Ideas for Engaging College Students in Peace and Justice Topics
- Experiential Learning in Higher Education Issues, Ideas, and Challenges for Promoting Peace and Justice
- Humanities Perspectives in Peace Education Re-Engaging the Heart of Peace Studies
- Lessons for Creating a Culture of Character and Peace in Your Classroom A Playbook for Teachers
- Peace is Everyone's Business
- The New Peace Linguistics and the Role of Language in Conflict