Between Eastern and Western Education
Educators everywhere will want their hands on this book! Cover to cover, this book delivers on showing exactly what the title says: pathways between Eastern and Western education systems. Why will you want to buy this book?
Readers will love the idea that different systems have a lot to share. Through a blend of anecdotes and clear information, Hudson paints a vivid picture of both systems, and provides plenty of opportunity to explore child-centered education, differentiated learning, curriculum, assessment, and a lot more. There’s lots of strategies to try out Monday morning, or sit with a coffee for a few hours to think about your practice, and where you have room to grow.
Plenty of new ideas pepper the book. From a fresh new take on what learning is to the power of assessment, there’s plenty here for refreshing debate.
Hudson’s view takes in a wide swath: truly big ideas from a 35,000 foot viewpoint! Would you be able to sum up the two systems in ten words or less? From the very first page, you’ll be keen to see how!
Parents, veteran teachers, administrators, politicians, students of education, all will find plenty to think about here, and lots to talk about.
Hudson wants us all to take a refreshing new pathway to growth in education, whether we are Eastern, Western, young or old.
This is your book; see what everyone is talking about and get excited about education again!
1 The Educational Landscape. 2 Truth. 3 Differentiated Assessment. 4 Differentiated Curriculum. 5 Differentiated Learning. 6 The Learners. 7 Differentiated Instruction. 8 The Teachers. 9 The “Profession of Teaching” 10 Classroom Management. 11 The Classroom. 12 Governance. 13 Implementation. 14 The Parents. 15 Conclusions. Glossary. A Sample Anecdotal Report. B Sample Term Preview. References. Index
"Hudson provides a very broad-strokes overview of testing, its history and use which might be eye-opening to non-educators or new educators. These overviews are pleasantly developed and sprinkled with brief and genuine epiphanies from a long career in the classroom." Michael McVey Eastern Michigan University in International Review of Education
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- (Re)Designing Programs: A Vision for Equity-Centered, Clinically Based Teacher Preparation
- Designing and Teaching Online Courses During Uncertain Times A Special Issue of Distance Learning Ends and Means Columns, Distance Learning - Volume 17 Issue 4 2020
- Engaging in the Leadership Process Identity, Capacity, and Efficacy for College Students
- On Indian Ground The Southwest
- Teaching and Learning for Adult Skill Acquisition Applying the Dreyfus and Dreyfus Model in Different Fields
- The Pursuit of Excellence Kentucky State University, 1886-2020
- Women of Color In STEM Navigating the Double Bind in Higher Education