Perspectives and Provocations in Early Childhood Education Volume 2
A volume in the series: Early Childhood Education Assembly. Editor(s): Alice Shawen.
Mandates to implement practices that are antithetical to what we embrace as supportive of young children’s literacy learning are pervasive. Teachers of young children are asked to teach-to-the test in ways that take away opportunities for holistic, thoughtful, play-oriented practices that allow children to construct knowledge through contextualized and purposeful experiences. In 2009 the Early Childhood Assembly was formed by a group of early childhood educators to provide a home at the National Council for Teacher of English for all who work with young children. Perspectives and Provocations in Early Childhood Education is a publication of the ECEA. The publication is intended to support teachers of young children and those interested in studying about early literacy by putting on offer texts with a strong emphasis on promoting thoughtful practices that enhance the teaching and learning of young children within and across diverse communities. All royalties from the book go to the ECEA to help the organization advance its goals of providing scholarships for early childhood teachers to participate in conferences and professional development events.
Early Childhood Education Assembly Book Series. Acknowledgments. Introducing Perspectives and Provocations, Volume 2, Vivian Maria Vasquez, Jeffrey Wood, and Carol Branigan Felderman. Mapping It Out: Navigating the Teacher’s Role in Student-Centered Inquiry, Candace R. Kuby , Tara L. Gutshall, and Melanie Taylor Drury. Transforming Young Children’s Engagement With Literature: Process Drama as Pedagogy, Wayne Serebrin. Authors as Authorities: Prekindergarten Writers Find Their Audiences, Brian T. Kissel. “Stop Bullying! Stick Up!” First Graders Talk and Write About Bullying, Katie Stover. Gender Issues in Kindergarten, Jeffrey Wood. Exploring Identity Through the Use of Photography, Laura Herring Darolia. Exploring Computers With 4b, Kristin Lupino. Constructing the Child at Play: From the Schooled Child to Technotoddlers and Back Again, Karen E. Wohlwend. A Tribute to Donald Graves: Reprinted From the Early Childhood Education Assembly News (Volume 1, Issue 2). Appendix: Perspectives and Provocations—Elephants. About the Editors.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU023000 - EDUCATION: Preschool & Kindergarten
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- EDU032000 - EDUCATION: Leadership
- A Second Helping of Gumbo for the Soul More Liberating Stories and Memories to Inspire Females of Color
- Curriculum Windows What Curriculum Theorists of the 1950s Can Teach Us About Schools and Society Today
- Perspectives and Provocations in Early Childhood Education
- Perspectives and Provocations in Early Childhood Education Volume 3
- School Principals in Mexico Cases of Leadership Success
- School Turnaround in Secondary Schools Possibilities, Complexities, & Sustainability
- Visionary Evaluation for a Sustainable, Equitable Future