Perspectives and Provocations in Early Childhood Education Volume 3
A volume in the series: Early Childhood Education Assembly. Editor(s): Alice Shawen.
In classrooms where children’s voices are valued, young readers and writers possess power. Their ability to exert this power through literacy is especially evident in classrooms where children, who are traditionally marginalized, can use their voices to be change agents. In this third volume of Perspectives and Provocations in Early Childhood Education, the authors’ stories explore students’ agentive power to change themselves, their teachers, school administrators, and the world.
Dedication. Acknowledgements. 1. Introducing Perspectives and Provocations Volume 3, Carol Branigan Felderman, Brian T. Kissel, and Kindel Turner Nash. 2. “I’m going to see that they are something in life...” Latino Parents in Two Families as Warm Demanders, Dinah Volk. 3. Social Justice-Themed Book Clubs: Possibilities and Wonderings, Selena E. Van Horn and Laura Darolia. 4. Expanding Early Childhood Literacy Curriculum through Play-Based Film-Making and Popular Media, Linda Skidmore Coggin, Karen E. Wohlwend, Beth A. Bucholz, Christy L. Wessel Powell and Nicholas E. Husbye. 5. White Discourse about Brown Children, Kindel Turner Nash. 6. Writer’s Workshop in Pre-Kindergarten: Cultivating Teacher Leadership and Literacy Achievement in a State and Federally Subsidized Pre-School Program, Erin T. Miller, Heather Silver, and Hannah Roberts. 7. Pink Sparkly Shoes: A Transformed Community, A Transformed Curriculum: Perspectives from Three Voices, Laurel Blackmon, Laura Darolia, and Jennifer Oliva. Appendix: Perspectives and Provocations Elephants.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- (Re)Designing Programs: A Vision for Equity-Centered, Clinically Based Teacher Preparation
- As He Saw It Contributions, Memories and Reflections of John H. Lounsbury
- Designing and Teaching Online Courses During Uncertain Times A Special Issue of Distance Learning Ends and Means Columns, Distance Learning - Volume 17 Issue 4 2020
- Engaging in the Leadership Process Identity, Capacity, and Efficacy for College Students
- Perspectives and Provocations in Early Childhood Education
- Perspectives and Provocations in Early Childhood Education Volume 2
- Teaching Motivation for Student Engagement